Missing EPG data for Sacramento HD locals

LarryH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I just installed a 942 receiver and am seeing the following issues with the HD OTA EPG data:

The EPG data for Channel 13-1 appears on 13-2 (13-1 just says "Digital Service")
The EPG data for Channel 6-1 appears on 6-2 (6-1 just says "Digital Service")

Since the EPG data doesn't appear on the correct sub-channel, I am unable to setup any timers on these two HD channels. The EPG data appears to be mapping correctly on my other OTA HD locals. Is anyone else in the Sacramento area seeing this same problem?

Also, it appears that Dish is mapping the standard definition EPG data to the OTA HD locals. This works some of the time, but the Sacramento HD programming is sometimes different than the standard definition programming (so the Dish EPG is sometimes incorrect on the HD OTA channels). Can anyone confirm that Dish is using the EPG data from the standard definition local channels instead of using the "real" PSIP data that is broadcast for the HD channels?

That is confirmed. If you don't sub to locals, you wouldn't even see that info. It is a certain shortcoming for the Dish line.

I was able to see my first HD Tivo this weekend. It has all data for all digital channels. My PBS has 4 subchans and they all were populated with info. It doesn't appear to be PSIP, as the system requires you select one set of locals, however, at least everything has a name.

Unfortunately 6-1 and 13-1 have never had info. Could be that the programming is different than the main channels? 13-0 and 13-2 broadcast primetime from 7-10. 13-1 broadcasts the westcoast HD feed from 8-11. Ever notice like on Tuesday NCIS will be on at 7:00 in 4:3 and then at 8:00 it's in magnificent 16:9 HD?

Since KOVR is now an O&O you are also eligible for the National HD feed on 61.5 or 148. You just have to get a waiver from KOVR (Bob Olsen) and KHSL in Chico. Both grant quickly with no questions

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)