missing local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dale4005

Original poster
Jan 25, 2009
chino, ca
I purchased a used 522 receiver and replaced a 322 receiver with it. After installing the receiver and many calls to Dish Network technical support including a visit by a Dish Network Tech. I am unable to receive local channels and other channels I should receive including USA, AMC, etc. The local channels do not show up in the channel guide at all. The other network channels show up but are shaded in light green and when I select them is says I must purchase the package. We have a 522 receiver working in the other room with no problem with all channels working properly.
The receiver works including clear picture, good signal from satellites 110 and 119, check switch is OK and receiver softward has been updated to current version.

Any Ideas?

Thank You

Dale

Put the dish home protection insurance on your account for 5.99 a month . Then call and get a replacement receiver for the 522 . Once you get the new 522 in place and all is working, cancel the dish home protection insurance . You can add and take it off your account as needed.

New Receiver

Thanks Mike

That was my next step. I have the insurance and the tech recommended getting a new receiver. I wanted to check to see if we were missing something. I have found a varied level of expertise on the phone with Tech Support and even the tech that made the service call.

Thank You

Dale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts