Missing locals on HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JRL

Original poster
May 13, 2004
Hi

I have a DirecTV HD receiver model HR10-250 with two basic receivers. On the dish is one of those clip on off/air antennas, on the two basic receivers I get locals from channel 5 up 2 and come in poorly. On the HD receiver I get no local HD. I have a diplexer behind the receiver. When I check the off air signal it shows 0. Any clues?
Jake

Is is antenna hooked in directly to your HD box or is it running to all three receivers?

What antenna is it?

Have you done an OTA channel scan on your HD Tivo receiver?

Neutron said:
Is is antenna hooked in directly to your HD box or is it running to all three receivers?

What antenna is it?

Have you done an OTA channel scan on your HD Tivo receiver?

A Terk clip on that has a diplexer on the back with 4 in's and out's.
There are four inside diplexers but only one is needed for the HD so the fourth diplexer only goes to the second Sat in.

I will tell you right now I have heard awful reviews on the clip on terk antennas for picking up HD locals.

How far are you from your locat stations towers?

Neutron said:
I will tell you right now I have heard awful reviews on the clip on terk antennas for picking up HD locals.

How far are you from your locat stations towers?

Only 20 miles. I am wondering if its posible to check the VSB side (RF) input for the locals by hooking a Voom box up. I now the satellite side would not come in because its the wrong satellite but if the RF side did come in on the Voom box that would tell me that its the DirecTV receiver.
Anyone ever do this?

If the analog signal is grainy it is an indication of a weak signal, seeing most digital signals are weaker than the analog broadcast you probably just don't have enough signal to be processed. Just get a real antenna instead of the Terk. At 20 miles an indoor Zenith Silver Sensor might work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)