Missing only one channel

allenmc_ SUI

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
Recently went on a service call in which the cust had a 625, 311 and a 322. On the 625 she was missing the hallmark channel but every now and then she said it worked. So I checked the receiver health , the signal coming into the box , inspected the cable run , and a few other things and found no apparent reason for the trouble. She had a .2 so I changed out the lnb there was also a 33 switch so I changed it out changed out all diplexers , ground block and connectors. Still didn't fix the problem so I did a hard reset on all the receivers and sent a hit out once it was done it was working. It has been about 20 days or so and it started doing it again any thoughts on the cause ?ay e re rune all the cable , change the 33 to a 44 or run a 3rd leg to do away with the switch or ra the receiver ?

If it only the 625, it should be on that line or in the rec.

Did you move the 625 to different room to see if it still happens?

Why use a 33 with a .2? There is never any need for it.

I wasn't the tech who built the job and the dish was on a pole about 75 80 away from the house so ether he was lazy and just ran the dual line from the dish or the line was already there but I didn't at the time feel it was necessary to trench 1 line that far but no I didn't think move it which I will give it a try but what do u think the odds are that it's the receiver ?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Best way in the case to see is to switch receiver locations as suggested and see what happens.

I deff will I'll be going back over there tomorrow thx for the help I think I'm going to love this forum

Well when I got there everything was working fine of course so went ahead and re ran all the lines into the attic and did away with the 33 switch so only time will tell now hopefully that will be the last I hear of it lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts