Missing RSN Channels On Only 1 of My 2 Receivers

jimbobob

Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
SLC Utah
I'm tired of speaking to E* CSRs who don't have a clue, so I decided to share my problem on this awesome forum. I am missing several ALT channels on one of my receivers. I have a 622 and a 722 and the channel lineup is different on the the older 622. The channel lineup changed when I downgraded my programming last March to the 100+ with HD Basic. Several channels were no longer listed on the lineup on either my 622 or my 942 that I had at that time. Several calls and online tech requests were long and the only answer I got was that I needed to upgrade my programming package to get the RSN alternate channels. It was close to the end of the NBA season, so I didn't want to pay for the upgrade for just a few games.

The 100+ package I have includes my RSN, which is Fox Sports Rocky Mountain, and it should also include the FSN-UT alternate channel that broadcasts the local Utah Jazz games. My 942 was replaced for free over the summer with a new 722, and so when the NBA season started, to my suprise, I had the missing channels (from 414 to 453 excluding the sports package channels) on my new 722. I checked the 622 and they were still missing.

Last night I called E* and spent 45 minutes on the phone with a CSR who couldn't figure out why the channels were different on the two receivers. He activated the optional RSN channels on the receiver, but the alternate channels still weren't showing up. After a check switch test, and a hard reset the channels still weren't showing up. He offered to have a tech come to the house to check it out, but I declined. The tech checked my wiring when he was here to install the 722 and nothing has changed since then. I insisted that the problem must be a software problem on their end if I can watch the channels on one box and not the other. I asked him to escalate the call to tech support and he agreed. Call back after tomorrow if you don't hear from us by then he said. I'm pretty sure I won't be hearing from anyone.

Is there a chance that a local tech can solve the problem? I'm a 10+ year customer and have been troubleshooting problems for most of that time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get E* to fix my problem without spending hours on the phone? Should I just be glad that I can get the games on my 722? Should I just give up and go to D*?:mad: Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have reset the box several times over the last few months, and I decided to reset it again just in case. Still no luck. Of course, E* still hasn't contacted me, but that was no suprise. The only positive thing about my last call to E* was that I didn't have to speak to India. I could at least understand the person reading his script. :confused:

Queston about smartcards and new HD locals

Welcome Pack or Pre-Paid for two rooms?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)