This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

AMIKO Missing satellite list.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I did the auto update on my amiko nano hd and ended up erasing all satellites in the list and ended up with a list from overseas. How can I get the American satellite list back?

Did you happen to make a back-up to a Flash Drive before you did this?

I did the auto update on my amiko nano hd and ended up erasing all satellites in the list and ended up with a list from overseas. How can I get the American satellite list back?
I am new to the Amiko, just got mine last week. It came with a notice to back up the firmware immediately. While that is a good idea, I don't know why Amiko doesn't have a backup file for download on their website for situations like yours. If Amiko, your seller or KE4EST can't send you a backup file, I could email you a copy of mine. That would be an unmodified list found on a new receiver. Any changes that you had made to the list wouldn't be included. You would do a software upgrade by USB with the upgrade mode set to Channel List.

Let me know if you want a copy of my list.

You can update on-line or download the file from the Amiko site. I bet he didn't set to Software Only(No Satellite List) when he did the upgrade.
Anyway I sent StarScan a PM but he has not been on since early this morning....probably can use inet at work.

That would be great!! My email is k**********@***.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see where the satellite list is on the Amiko site. For future reference, can you give a link or instructions? Thanks.

Does one not come with the firmware?? Been a long time since I upgraded my Nano.
http://www.amikoalienusa.com/nano/
Download and do a upgrade with list only.
Back-up first though just in case, maybe I will try here in a bit if I get time.

Edit: Never mind no channel list.

Ok just tested you are correct no Channel List. Don't do what I posted above it will leave you with no channels.
I have been in touch with the OP via email, so I got him taken care of.
royrose who did you buy your nano from?

Ok just tested you are correct no Channel List. Don't do what I posted above it will leave you with no channels.
I have been in touch with the OP via email, so I got him taken care of.
royrose who did you buy your nano from?
As a newbie, I didn't understand that the Nano was different from the Mini HD SE. I have a Mini, not a nano. Would my backup satellite list therefore not work for his nano?

I got my Mini HD SE from GOTCBAND.

No the Mini is different than the nano and 8240.
It's OK I have him straightened out.