OTHER Amazon Satellite Finder

ILoveSats

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2023
America
I thought to ask here is anyone may know of a good satellite Finder I can buy off Amazon?

I'd like to have something with a spectrum analyzer that will help me know when I'm getting close to a satellite.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice!

PS.Budget is $70-$130

Before buying a satellite meter, check out this comment here:
Do I Need a Sat Meter?
I think I'm starting to realize why everyone is talking about the Edison!

I want to be able to take my dish to parks, beaches and campgrounds and scan the skies for stuff I can't normally receive at home. The Edison would be too expensive to potentially put in jeopardy in these environements.

On top of that, I want 'something' that as I turn my dish I can tell when I'm approaching a satellite. Thus, The small handheld units appeared to be perfect for this application.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your insight !

I've often thought of doing the same: going to a local hill for a day's outing to try installing a dish to receive satellites I can't receive at home. It's doable but a bit of work considering you need to take it away at the end of the day. Only you can decide if it's a worthwhile activity. It might be better if you could set it up somewhere and at least leave it for a few days.

I can't assist with your sat meter requirement since I've never owned one.

This is about as portable as I've achieved. At a campsite. But I stayed there for 3 months so I got to enjoy it for awhile.

1m Motorized_crop_sm.jpg