Missing some channels...Is it from the Tribune ordeal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frameon

Original poster
Dec 26, 2014
Limon, CO
I just moved and hooked my dish up at my new house. I seem to be missing channels 2-59 ish Most of those are local channels ie.. ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS etc.. Is this because of the Tribune ordeal or am I missing on a satellite? My zipcode is 80828.

Last edited:
Defiantly not because of Tribune.

Looks like you moved from Nebraska to Colorado? Who did the install, does DISH know you moved so you can get your locals where you live now?

Defiantly not because of Tribune.

Looks like you moved from Nebraska to Colorado? Who did the install, does DISH know you moved so you can get your locals where you live now?
That was a different setup for my father in law. This is my place. I set the dish up myself. Sorry, zip code should be 80828 not 80125.

Ok but where did you move from - are you in a different market for locals now than where you moved from? Need to know that first.

Ok, two things I can suggest. Check to see if your satellite dish is seeing the 129 satellite, by simply checking on your receiver. If you are not missing any other channels you most likely are seeing 129 since the HD channels come from there for you including your HD locals.

If you are seeing the 129 satellite ask for an "Account Refresh" You can ask a DIRT member here or call a CSR. Since it is a new install by you my first guess is it needs to be re aimed.
As Dare2be mentioned you do need to see all three satellites.

Ok, two things I can suggest. Check to see if your satellite dish is seeing the 129 satellite, by simply checking on your receiver. If you are not missing any other channels you most likely are seeing 129 since the HD channels come from there for you including your HD locals.

If you are seeing the 129 satellite ask for an "Account Refresh" You can ask a DIRT member here or call a CSR. Since it is a new install by you my first guess is it needs to be re aimed.
Ok, I have HD channels. Guess I'll call dish after work. Do I need to tweak my dish at all? It's been unhooked for about two months prior to this. Lost my DVR function as well when I hooked it all back up.

Now with that new info you gave us I would say the Dish has nothing to do with it. I still think the next thing is to ask for a refresh.
But now it may make a difference knowing what receiver it is you have.. and before asking for the refresh I would unplug and then plug back in the receiver to make it restart.

Reactions: Frameon
Unplug the coax from your receiver, do Check Switch Test, save matrix, then plug coax back in and re run the test. Make sure the recevier is unplugged from power when unplugging and plugging back in the coax.... As I learned the hard way with some of the equipment in the dish tech room a couple years ago....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts