Mississippi PBS in the Memphis Area (I live in North Mississippi)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shawreth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Hernando, MS
I hope that someone has the answer to this. I live in Mississippi, just south of Memphis. I get the Memphis locals with the Memphis PBS. According to the dish network site- I should be getting Mississippi PBS which is a statewide channel. (Local number 29, Dish Number 9276). I called dish and they told me that I could not get it. I told them that the web site said that I was eligible for this "statewide"channel, but the said that it was impossible. ( I used the local channel search on their site)

So the question is: Does anyone in the North Mississippi Area (DeSoto County, etc.) get Mississippi PBS through Dish? If so, do I need to call back and bug them until the add this channel?

Thanks in advance!

I just typed in the Holly Springs zip and it listed all the Memphis stations plus the MS Statewide as well. It's on Dish 9276. Did you check to see if you actually have that channel? Did you just speak to one CSR? If so, call back and talk to another or try the online chat mode. I would think that you are eligible for the Mississippi PBS because you are in MS but who knows. I get more than one PBS station in my DMA but I don't know if that's an anomaly or not.

I used the chat, but they still said that I could not have the MS PBS. I told them that they needed to update their web site, because it and they are telling me two different things.

Unless anyone out there is getting both, I guess that I will end my quest. Thank you for helping.

I just want to say don't trust their website, I looked at local channels and it turned out that I could get FOX 5 where I live (southern Connecticut) when on their website it said I couldn't. When I went through Dish Builder, it charged $10 more my monthly fee for some reason than it should have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts