Mitsu TV only works on 480p

Pb ft.

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
I'm having a problem with hooking up an 811 to a Mitsubishi TV. I'm not sure of the model number of the TV but I think it's an older model of the ws65713 (circa 2000) before Mitsubishi added a DVI. The set does have an internal OTA HD tuner. I have both S-Video and Component hooked up for now because I couldn't get the Component video connections to work. S-Video works ok but Component video doesn't have a picture unless the 811 is set to 480p. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check the video input settings on your TV and make sure the component input is on. Have you ever used the component inputs on this TV before andverified that they work?

it could be yet another problem with the 811. swap it out for a new one and see if that helps. S-Video doesn't pass anything other than an analog signal in 4:3. so if you want to watch HDTV from the 811 then you better get the unit hooked up properly.

bigthrust said:
Check the video input settings on your TV and make sure the component input is on. Have you ever used the component inputs on this TV before andverified that they work?

Also, make sure that the device you have set up in NetCommand is set to component Y/Pb/Pr and not RGBHV.

-Brian

Ok, this is the story. This is not my TV but I am helping someone else try to set his up.

The component input seems to be on and when the 811 is in 720p mode there is no video at all. In 480p it displays a good clear picture. In 1080i there is video but seems the horizontal is out of sync.

This is the first time the component inputs have been used on this TV.

We brought the 811 over to my house and hooked it up to my Samsung DLP and it works on both 720p and 1080i through the component connections. I used my component cables because my system is built in and the back of the TV is hard to get to so I couldn't eliminate his cables from the equation.

We tried several things using NetCommand to adjust the component inputs without any success. One of the things NetCommand allowed us to do was select a component from a list (DVD, STB, VCR etc) and then select from a list of manufacturers. We selected STB and Echostar and that's when we were able to get 480p working. When we went back and looked at the setup for that component it said "Optimized for the model 6000 but may be compatible with other models".

We also read about changing the component inputs from RGBHV to Y/Pb/Pr in the users manual but couldn't find anywhere to change it when we were using NetCommand. I think maybe we need to investigate this more.

Pb ft. said:
Ok, this is the story. This is not my TV but I am helping someone else try to set his up.

The component input seems to be on and when the 811 is in 720p mode there is no video at all. In 480p it displays a good clear picture. In 1080i there is video but seems the horizontal is out of sync.

We brought the 811 over to my house and hooked it up to my Samsung DLP and it works on both 720p and 1080i through the component connections. I used my component cables because my system is built in and the back of the TV is hard to get to so I couldn't eliminate his cables from the equation.

We tried several things using NetCommand to adjust the component inputs without any success. One of the things NetCommand allowed us to do was select a component from a list (DVD, STB, VCR etc) and then select from a list of manufacturers. We selected STB and Echostar and that's when we were able to get 480p working. When we went back and looked at the setup for that component it said "Optimized for the model 6000 but may be compatible with other models".

We also read about changing the component inputs from RGBHV to Y/Pb/Pr in the users manual but couldn't find anywhere to change it when we were using NetCommand. I think maybe we need to investigate this more.

First of all, that set doesn't even support 720p natively (like most CRT RPTV's). Your 811 should be set at 1080i. The set may be in RGBHV...although I believe your set has additional component-only inputs labeled "component 480i/480p/1080i".

The RGBHV will really only screw-up the color, since the sync is on green anyway if you don't connect a device with separate H and V.

Pb ft. said:

Go into the NetCommand menu, edit the Input-DTV Connection, keep hitting next, and it will eventually show up. If I remeber correctly, it was the last option. You get two radio buttons to choose from, RGB or YPbPr, and of course you need YPbPr. I used Echostar "other" instead of "6000", so you might change that if you still can't get to the connection type screen.

-Brian

Ah, yes I forgot about the set not supporting 720p and I did notice that when I was messing around with the inputs and reading the manual.

Some really good suggestions in all the posts. We'll try to look at it more tonight.

Thanks for all the input. :)

It's working. He called Mitsubishi and they told him to connect the component cables to the "IMP-DTV" inputs. I don't know what the difference is from the component inputs because all component outputs spec at 480p and 1080i. Oh well he's happy now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts