Mixing legacy equipment with dishpro plus

dishfan

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I am in a bit of a hurry and a quick search was not a lot of help.

I have a legacy Dish500 system with 2 SW21 switches and 2 legacy receivers (? 3000 ? the old gray one & a 2800), I just acquired a DVR522 and want to install it. Can I use a DP34 with inputs from the 2 legacy LNBF's for the "new" receiver and use one legacy SW21 for the 2800 ? I only need 3 receivers so the old ? 3000 ? will be put in the scrap.

Any answers will be appreciated

XXX-XXX said:
You can use a dish pro plus twin. One line to the 522 and one to the legacy rec.. No dp adapter needed.

So if I use a dishpro plus twin, I just hook 1 cable to the 522 and bothe tuners will work ? or do I need to get a quad to have both tuners on the 522 working and the legacy receiver also ?

Everything before the receiver (LNBs and switches) must be all legacy or all DishPro. No mixing! DishPro receivers can be connected to either, legacy receivers can only be connected to legacy unless you add a DP adapter or have a DP Plus switch (DPP44 or DPP Twin). See http://ekb.dbstalk.com/217.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)