MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because FOX is carrying 6 regional games for their broadcast of "Baseball Night in America". If this was the normal FOX afternoon broadcast, there would only be 3 regional games carried.

doesn't matter. 2 weeks ago I posted about the fact even though 2 AL Central teams were on we still got that game shoved down our throat
http://www.satelliteguys.us/sports-section/278232-mlb-2012-season-23.html#post2882967
so lets see this weeks games on the "Fox game :rolleyes: of the week"
Royals-Pirates
Dodgers-Mariners
Indians-Cardinals
Rays-Marlins
Mets-Yankees

so 2 AL central teams are on the game of the week yet we in Minneapolis get the f***ing Skankees/Mutts shoved down our throat

Twins took the first of 3 against the Reds lets hope for 2nd tonight and the 3rd on Sunday :D :)

I forgot to do this the other day:

J-Mac report:
Code:
Pitchers  IP  H  R  ER  BB  SO  HR  PC-ST   ERA 
McDonald  9.0 6  1   1   0   5   0  120-76  2.19

:D

Verlander will win, hopefully the pirates can keep the rest under control.
The latter part is complete. :D

Yesterday's Pirates, I would have agreed that "Verlander will win"...now, not so sure. :)

Read today that Cleveland is dead last in MLB average attendance at a little over 18,000 per game. This is despite the Indians being in first place.

also since that is the only game on at the time its different

When you have 6 regional games and two of them involve teams from your division yet neither one is on...instead you get what Fox thinks we should get???

The Boston Red Sox, who were being vilified earlier this week as a last place team, are now just one and one half games out of a wild card spot, with just 90 games left. As soon as Ellsbury and Crawford return, they will have FIVE outfielders playing like all-stars, plus the highly regarded Kalish. What will they do with them? I guess they will say "Thank you very much" to Sweeney and Posednick and ship them off to contenders for double A pitching prospects.

They could use one more starting pitcher (who couldn't?) but otherwise, the bullpen is shaping up nicely with Melancon and Miller pitching well and Bard going back where he seems to belong. Strange as it may seem, the only thing keeping the Red Sox from being 1B behind the 1A Yankees is the fact that stalwarts Lester, Gonzales and Pedroia are all having below average seasons.

I think that a lot of people will like the second wildcard slot if it means their team gets it, but it will irk the team that would have won the single wild card slot because now they will be forced to play a one game crapshoot to advance.

BillD1984 said:
Read today that Cleveland is dead last in MLB average attendance at a little over 18,000 per game. This is despite the Indians being in first place.

Maybe everyone is going to the rock n roll hall of fame. :D

Maybe everyone is going to the rock n roll hall of fame. :D
Back in 1995 or 1996, I replied to a display ad in the classifieds section of my local Sunday newspaper from a company that claimed to have contracted out about 80% of the exhibit display electronics for the then-under-construction Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They were looking for someone to oversee their involvement in the project. That struck me as puzzling because this was the largest A/V contractor in my market, Washington, DC, and it was known to have the largest and most prestigious clients here.

The guy who called me for the interview sounded like he wanted to hire me on the spot, which surprised me since, even though I'm a can-do guy, that quality cannot be discerned from my resume, which was "thin", since I have basically worked for myself for about 90% of my working life.

When I came in for my interview, the same guy looked at my resume and basically asked, "What in hell are you doing, applying for this job?". At first, I thought this was being conducted as a stress test interview, where the interviewer is using the interview to see how the interviewee handles confrontations. I handle them quite well, thank you, but it did me no good. This "interview" lasted less than five minutes. There is a saying that when it doesn't take much for someone to fall in love with you, it won't take much for them to fall out of love with you, either. Within minutes, this interviewer cut me off in mid sentence and said I clearly wasn't the person for that job, but that they were going to have another opening for another job in engineering and installation and he would have someone else interview me for that job instead, so he called in someone to interview me for a job that didn't exist. About three minutes into that interview, it was my turn to interrupt someone and I said, "Look. I don't know what in hell is going on here, but that other guy decided that, for whatever reason, he wasn't going to consider me for the job he had called me in to interview for, and now you're stuck trying to cover up for his screw-up. I can see that there is no job for me here and so there is no point in wasting my time or yours." He half-nodded, and I left.

A year or two later, I read an article in a trade journal that was apparently written by the project supervisor that had been hired instead of me, bragging about her company's involvement in the project. I was pleased to observe that the writer of the article was a moron.

I hope the Pirates can at least win two against the Tigers this weekend.

Well that happened, a win today IMO would be great but they already won the series and I wouldn't be too disappointed especially since it's Verlander pitching.

Now that Heat championship run is complete...and I can change my focus ...to...HOLY FA-SHIZZLES! The Marlins, after an amazing 21-6 May, they are 4-16 this month!!!

Talk about a "June swoon"...!

Everything has stunk..hitting, fielding, starting pitching, relief pitching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)