MLB blackouts on ESPN

mondiale

Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Forgive me if this has been asked previously but it was stated before this season that starting with the new contract this year that there would be a co-existence between local broadcasts and ESPN broadcasts thus eliminating the local blackouts on Monday and Wednesday games. That did seem to be the case early in the year but I have noticed many Yankee games of late are blacked out. Any explanation for this?

Cause it's the Yankees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are a flagship team that makes a boatload of money, so they probably have some kind of "vip" type clauses in the contracts.
plus the Yankees have their own network channel, which Fox is the primary controlling interest.

notice a pattern here Fox is taking shots at Dish any where and any how they can.

I dont know if you are aware of this but Fox has a lawsuit against Dish in federal court of sling tech and the auto hop and since their injunctions against this technology was denied they are fighting back through other means.

I don't mind a blackout but my issue is lets say a game is blacked out on ESPN cause it is shown on the local ABC channel instead. The issue I have is that ESPN channel is just BLACK...they should be forced to put at least another game on there regardless of what team or region it is so the channel isn't just black as I paid for that channel not a black picture.

All Red Sox games this year have been blacked out as they always have been when on ESPN and on the RSN. However when on Fox Sports 1, they are not blacked out even if on the RSN.

Because espn is a national channel, it's possible those games are not blacked out for everyone. The channel airs the same game across the country. Access to that is a different story. Your complaint should be issued to Disney/ESPN.