MLB EI Help!

bryanmf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
The Texas Rangers games are blacked out on MLB EI where I live. - Austin, TX.

I recently "moved" my dish service address to Philadlephia so I lost the Texas RSN where about half of the games where on. If I order the MLB EI now, with my new service address, do I get around the blackout?

To be clear, you are saying if the game in on the MLB package I will get it there?? Not on my RSN which I don't have anymore anyway. Just want to make sure before I pay the 100 bucks or whatever it is.

bryanmf said:
To be clear, you are saying if the game in on the MLB package I will get it there?? Not on my RSN which I don't have anymore anyway. Just want to make sure before I pay the 100 bucks or whatever it is.

As long as the service address attached to your account is not in, or around the Rangers territory you should receive the Texas Rangers games.

Cheers,
Sam

Yes, you will receive the Rangers FSN-SW games. Note that OTA games are not part of the MLB EI package.

BTW, why "move" to Philly? The local RSN is not available to DBS, and the Philly locals are on a spotbeam that doesn't get anywhere near Texas.

jrbdmb said:
Yes, you will receive the Rangers FSN-SW games. Note that OTA games are not part of the MLB EI package.

BTW, why "move" to Philly? The local RSN is not available to DBS, and the Philly locals are on a spotbeam that doesn't get anywhere near Texas.

The Philly HD locals are not on spotbeam. My finace is from philly and very homesick. This made her happy and when she is happy, I am happy! I ordered the MLB EI package and now get the Ranger games. I should have just "moved" to Dallas after "moving" to Philly and hope that Dish wouldn't cut off the Philly locals. That way I would get the Dallas local that shows half the Ranger games and FSNSW which shows the other half. That way I could have avoided pay for the MLBEI package. But I didnt think of that before I bought the package. OH well.

Last edited:
bryanmf said:
The Philly HD locals are not on spotbeam. My finace is from philly and very homesick. This made her happy and when she is happy, I am happy! I ordered the MLB EI package and now get the Ranger games. I should have just "moved" to Dallas after "moving" to Philly and hope that Dish wouldn't cut off the Philly locals. That way I would get the Dallas local that shows half the Ranger games and FSNSW which shows the other half. That way I could have avoided pay for the MLBEI package. But I didnt think of that before I bought the package. OH well.

I don't thing E* would let you keep Phily if you move, so . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts