Mlb Ei?

pjmrt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Any rumors as to whether Dish will carry MLB extra innings this year?

They lost me as a customer. I went to DirecTV to get MLB Extra Innings, and couldn't be happier. The extra HD and NFL Sunday ticket is a nice bonus.

Any rumors as to whether Dish will carry MLB extra innings this year?
I don't care....Between games on WPIX , NY( i have the superstation pack) ESPN, Fox national games, MASN( Nationals) Fox Sports Ohio( Yes I am in the Reds market too) TBS and Fox Sports South( Yep iam in the Braves market too...I see 70 -75 Mets games each season..The rest I just watch on my computer...MLB.tv....cheaper than MLB EI...

I have Direct ONLY for MLBEI and nothing else. There really isn't anything Direct could offer me to switch. I am happy with what I get from Dish. One is no better than the other, except Dish doesn't have baseball. My wife has to have rher Dodgers!

I have Direct ONLY for MLBEI and nothing else. There really isn't anything Direct could offer me to switch. I am happy with what I get from Dish. One is no better than the other, except Dish doesn't have baseball. My wife has to have rher Dodgers!

Does D* allow customers to sign up JUST for MLB EI?

Yeah you can see most the big games and regional games without having MLB Package. So No big loss.

Yeah you can see most the big games and regional games without having MLB Package. So No big loss.

Not for me. I live in West Tennessee and I follow the Dodgers and the Angels. Where would I be able to see their games (especially every game) if it's not the ESPN game of the week? They are blacked out on the RSN's. Speaking of blackouts, why in the world does E* blackout a game that is well over a year old? I tried to watch an Angels game a couple of weeks ago on one of the RSN's from 2005. Why in the world was that game blacked out? It's not like I have a time machine where I can travel back and attend that game. That makes absolutely no sense.

I don't care....Between games on WPIX , NY( i have the superstation pack) ESPN, Fox national games, MASN( Nationals) Fox Sports Ohio( Yes I am in the Reds market too) TBS and Fox Sports South( Yep iam in the Braves market too...I see 70 -75 Mets games each season..The rest I just watch on my computer...MLB.tv....cheaper than MLB EI...

How do you see 70 - 75 Mets games each season? I think we are in the same territory... I'm around the Charlotte market so I get the Braves, Reds, Orioles, and Nationals. Oh, and like you, not to mention the games I pick up on WPIX and WWOR.

Again, though, how do you get 70 - 75 Mets games? I'm thinking of "moving" a little farther north because I subscribe to our basic cable (which is only the locals and, for some ironic reason, SportSouth and Fox Sports South (therefore, I don't really "need" the Braves on the DISH).

Like you, though, plenty of baseball even without Extra Innings.

Cade

Not for me. I live in West Tennessee and I follow the Dodgers and the Angels. Where would I be able to see their games (especially every game) if it's not the ESPN game of the week? They are blacked out on the RSN's. Speaking of blackouts, why in the world does E* blackout a game that is well over a year old? I tried to watch an Angels game a couple of weeks ago on one of the RSN's from 2005. Why in the world was that game blacked out? It's not like I have a time machine where I can travel back and attend that game. That makes absolutely no sense.

If you can handle the difference in time (as it will change your program guide to the Pacific Time Zone), just "move" to the L.A. area. Better yet, you can move to Las Vegas where, like Iowa, you'll be in the market of six teams (and two of them in Las Vegas are the Dodgers and Angels).

Cade

I'm a little confused about this "moving" issue I read about. Isn't that considered fraud?

I think we all have our own individual opinions about that. I don't feel so bad about it because I know I pay the fee in order to receive the channels. The only connection I have from DISH (an employee that is about mid-ways up the pack) indicates that they are aware of it happening and, as long as they receive the fees, they don't really care.

Again, though, that's your opinion and you'll have to be the one that lives with it, etc. And I'm not trying to convince you to go that route (sorry if it sounded that way), I was just saying that was the only option I could think of (other than MLB.tv) for you to see the Angels and Dodgers. I've never had luck with getting MLB.tv to perform, though. :mad:

As for the blackout of replay games: I hear you loud and clear and have no idea why that would have been blacked out.

Cade

How do you see 70 - 75 Mets games each season? I think we are in the same territory... I'm around the Charlotte market so I get the Braves, Reds, Orioles, and Nationals. Oh, and like you, not to mention the games I pick up on WPIX and WWOR.

Again, though, how do you get 70 - 75 Mets games? I'm thinking of "moving" a little farther north because I subscribe to our basic cable (which is only the locals and, for some ironic reason, SportSouth and Fox Sports South (therefore, I don't really "need" the Braves on the DISH).

Like you, though, plenty of baseball even without Extra Innings.

Cade
25 games on WPIX. Every game vs the Braves all except the ones on ESPN, Nats , all games on MASN ,Cincy 8 of them were available via the Fox Ohio or Fox Cin RSN, They were on ESPN at least 10 times and the few games on the Fox national package. I have last year's written down right here..
Do you get MASN as a local RSN in your location?...If you are in SC you wouldn't...also the western third of NC is not a MASN territory.

25 games on WPIX. Every game vs the Braves all except the ones on ESPN, Nats , all games on MASN ,Cincy 8 of them were available via the Fox Ohio or Fox Cin RSN, They were on ESPN at least 10 times and the few games on the Fox national package. I have last year's written down right here..
Do you get MASN as a local RSN in your location?...If you are in SC you wouldn't...also the western third of NC is not a MASN territory.

I see... Thanks for the response.

I do get MASN as one of my local RSNs. I get all of the Nationals games and Orioles games that are shown on MASN. I'm pretty excited about watching the Nationals this year with the new stadium opening.

How do you see so many Reds games? I'm in their territory but without they are shown on one of the RSN alternate channels, I don't ever see them. Have you subscribed to the Multi-Sport package?

I see... Thanks for the response.

I do get MASN as one of my local RSNs. I get all of the Nationals games and Orioles games that are shown on MASN. I'm pretty excited about watching the Nationals this year with the new stadium opening.

How do you see so many Reds games? I'm in their territory but without they are shown on one of the RSN alternate channels, I don't ever see them. Have you subscribed to the Multi-Sport package?

Yes ,during baseball season, by all means check the RSN alternate feeds. There ,you will find the Reds' games.
One does not have to sub to the multi-sport pack to get these games provided that person lives within that team's claimed territory and the game is not on a national network (ESPN, Fox).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)