Mlb Ei?

They lost me as a customer. I went to DirecTV to get MLB Extra Innings, and couldn't be happier. The extra HD and NFL Sunday ticket is a nice bonus.

Me too. Last season was difficult without EI. I made the switch to D* in Sept. in time for their CI package and will sign up for EI shortly. All the bandwidth D* has now is a boon for both the NHL and MLB HD fan.

I don't care....Between games on WPIX , NY( i have the superstation pack) ESPN, Fox national games, MASN( Nationals) Fox Sports Ohio( Yes I am in the Reds market too) TBS and Fox Sports South( Yep iam in the Braves market too...I see 70 -75 Mets games each season..The rest I just watch on my computer...MLB.tv....cheaper than MLB EI...

I'm a Cardinal fan myself, but like you catch a fair number of St Louis games via the superstation package + TBS, WGN, ... etc. - although not as many as I used to as I think the LA superstation no longer carries the Dodgers (I'd watch StL when they played LA). Still I've subscribed to EI before and enjoyed it and was hoping that they still had the option to get in on the deal offered last year. Doesn't look like they did. As others have said, big mistake on Dish's part IMO. If they were holding prices down in the process, there might be an argument - but they don't seem to be doing any better than DirectTV in that regard. I'm still with Dish. But shortly I will be looking to upgrade to an HD receiver & DBS programming - and I will recompare Dish and Direct TV at that time.

I'm a happy Dish customer other than the NHL Network SD debacle and the Extra Innings debacle. But that's enough that I'm dumping it when my commitment period ends in March. It either will be DirecTV or Cox Cable.

There ,you will find the Reds' games.
One does not have to sub to the multi-sport pack to get these games provided that person lives within that team's claimed territory and the game is not on a national network (ESPN, Fox).
Just to clarify, everyone who qualifies for an RSN (AT100 and up) gets all the Alternate feeds, and if you are eligible to see another pro team you can see it on these channels. (Brewers and Astros get a lot of their games on the ALT channels, since they share an RSN with another team.) But if the other team you qualify for has an RSN to itself, then Multi-Sport is needed to watch the games.

(Ex. I can see Orioles and Nats with my AT250, but have to get Multi-Sport to get FSN-Pitt and see Pirates games.)

This MLB EI situation with Dish has got me so mad that I'm seriously considering a move to D* before the MLB season starts. Baseball is the only sport I care about. Also Dish won't carry the new MLB channel that will be coming (finally). So it seems that I may have to fork out the canceling charge and switch because I don't want two different providers.

Somebody on this board said one time that all Orioles and Nationals replays could be viwed without blackouts on MASN if you subscribe to the sports pcakage. Any truth to that?

Somebody on this board said one time that all Orioles and Nationals replays could be viwed without blackouts on MASN if you subscribe to the sports pcakage. Any truth to that?

Inocorrect.
I wil epxlain this as clearly as I can.
All customers who sub to the AT200 and higher get their LOCAL RSN's with that package. Now, that means they will be able to view most of the pro sports that appear on those channels because those teams claim the zip codes of those areas as part of their market/braodcast terriory.
Subscribing to the sports pack DOES NOT entitle the subscriber to see OUT OF MARKET games.
This is an old list from 2001. It is the only link I could find
RSN Teams by ZIP..

Example. Where I reside in NC the Reds, Braves, Nats and Orioles claim my zip code as within their respective braodcast territory. Therefore any games broadcast on those teams RSN's are shown in this market.
In fact MASN is one of our local RSN's. Those RSN"s aslo include Fox Sports South and The former Turner South now named Sports South
If I subscribed to the Sports Pack, which would allow me to view all the RSN's, I still would only be able to see pro sports events from my local RSN's. All out of market games ware blacked out.

I live in SW Oklahoma. My RSN is Fox SW. So I recieve the Rangers and Astro games. With the sports pack I get Fox Midwest which allows me to watch the Cardinal games.

I live in SW Oklahoma. My RSN is Fox SW. So I recieve the Rangers and Astro games. With the sports pack I get Fox Midwest which allows me to watch the Cardinal games.
Is that near the TX State line? What ar ethe first three numbers of your zip?
It must be because the Cards claim your zip to be within their terriotry. The Cards games are considered "in market"..

If you "move" to some place in Iowa (I recommend Sioux City), you'll be unlocked for all of the RSNs in that area which will allow you to watch six different MLB teams. I have never did this. Instead, I' moved to northwestern Nebraska so I could get the Denver FOX. Unfortunately that will only allow me to get the Rockies and Royals. I knowa family member of mine moved to Sioux City and even though they live in South Georgia, it somehow automatically turned them into a Twins fan.

Ultimately, the best bet for some baseball fans is simply DirecTV. I'm not planning on jumping ship or anything but it eliminates the "moving" issue and, if you are one of the poor Yankees fans that DISH practically has ignored, it's the only option. I know, I know... There is MLB.tv but the quality was always lackluster (in my opinion) and doesn't quite match up to watching the game on a television.

It's going to be at least 2011 (I think) before you have the chance to see MLB Extra Innings on DISH and, at that point, DISH might not even go hard after the offer because most of the fans that will leave will already be gone by that point (most of them, unless they are locked into a contract are probably gone as of now). Plus, a pretty large and important market was basically ignored (New York and surrounding areas within the Yankees territory). "Moving" is an option but you can only do it so many times and, for fans of teams like the Yankees or Blue Jays, you'd have to move every single series (in most cases) to see an entire season.

Cade

for fans of teams like the Yankees or Blue Jays, you'd have to move every single series (in most cases) to see an entire season.

DISH dont care if we move. If you want to see those teams often you just have to move to one of there AL East rivals or one of the territories (Iowa) where there are several AL teams in the area. I think both of htoese teams will play all of the AL Central teams seven times. Right there is 21 games youd see for the Yankees and 21 games for the BLue Jays. If you are in AL Est you'll see them 19 times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts