MLB Extra Innings Now Available

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I just logged into my Dish Network account, and under Order Pay Per View, MLB Extra Innings is there! $195.00. Channel 625. Listed as "MLB Extra Innings Residential Package 2015" Looks like Scott's Rumor was correct!

Attachments

• Extra Innings.jpg
    Extra Innings.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 420
I agree, but I go further with it. Paying that much for baseball, or any sport really, seems ridiculous to me. I love my football, but I will not pay extra for it... Worst case scenario, I'll enjoy some beer and food at the bar.

Not that it matters for me (as I have AT200 and MS) but I wonder if it includes MLB Network and Strike Zone as well? Also curious about Mets and Yankees games. Will they show their feeds? Will they be SD only if they do or will they show only the feed of the team they are playing against (ex: the Twins feed when the Yankees play them)? Will they show both teams feeds for a game or only one?

Last edited:
I believe MLBtv is now included with extra innings

https://secure.mlb.com/tv/activate/?&affiliateId=mlbMENU

I don't see DISH listed. (Yet?) If it is included I guess that makes the cost to also watch from your TV provider at about $70, about $12 a month over the online only package.

As for Yankees or Mets (Or for any RSN not carried) I would think you get the games unless two teams games not carried by DISH are playing each other. (Yankees Mets no, Yankees Red Sox you would)

NBA and NHL packages only list sd as well. It may be you pay for HD (with other packages) or have the HD for Life.
The one year I got NBA League Pass, I asked about that, and the reason the CSR gave me was a marketing reason. It is listed in SD as all the games are guaranteed to be SD. But if they listed it as SD/HD (which I think it was for a little while), someone could buy that assuming that they would be able to see all the games in SD or HD. But there are still some games that aren't in HD.

http://www.mydish.com/pay-per-view/sports-and-events/basketball Look at the NBA League Pass Schedule as an example - from 3/11 to 3/31, there are 134 games on NBA League Pass but only 4 aren't offered in HD. That's pretty good given how Dish is short on bandwidth - it looks like only 2 games aren't offered in HD due to bandwidth. The other 2 games (Celtics at Knicks, Lakers at Raptors) , Dish doesn't carry either RSN.

My guess with Extra Innings is that it will be the same as League Pass - almost all the games will be in HD (except for if both teams RSN's aren't carried on Dish or Dish is out of bandwidth), but it is being presented as SD so that someone couldn't come back to Dish and say "it was marketed as HD, why is my game not in HD."

Reactions: fhsucade07
My guess with Extra Innings is that it will be the same as League Pass - almost all the games will be in HD (except for if both teams RSN's aren't carried on Dish or Dish is out of bandwidth), but it is being presented as SD so that someone couldn't come back to Dish and say "it was marketed as HD, why is my game not in HD."

In past years many MLB games in April were only available in SD because of NBA and NHL package priority. Now with MLB games in a package as well and with the same level of priority, how will they divide up the bandwidth? Will the MLB still get short shrift? Or will they distribute the HD bandwidth pain equally?

According to Scott, they have the bandwidth they need right now, but for the growth plan, yes they have something already in the works. They are removing those legacy receivers to open up bandwidth. They also sent out a new satellite, but from what I read, it was a backup satellite, not a primary. Which makes sense to use these multi billion dollar satellites to their full life expectancy.

Removing legacy receivers and new satellites are nice long term, but what have they done or will do in April to lessen the crunch we've seen in past years?

Based on the comment Scott made a week or so ago, I'm guessing they will be able to seperate specific games. I'm sure they have that one worked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts