MLB Extra Innings Now Available

I just got an email from MLB. The link to log into mlb.tv will be available tomorrow.

I just went to mlb.tv "log in/sign up through your TV provider" (I've already signed up and paid for Extra Innings through DISH) and for the first time, DISH was actually on the list of providers.... then went and input my credentials and it said they could not verify.

I click on Dish in the list of providers and it says not available. Dish blames MLB and MLB blames dish. Six days into the season and we still can't stream. Very frustrating!

Is there a free preview of MLB extra innings to start the season? I have access to all the channels and have been watching games all week. I already have MLB.tv and have no intentions of getting extra innings, just thought it was interesting why I am able to view all the games.

The link to MLB.tv is finally working.

Not bad. Only took them five days into the season. "Coming soon" wasn't so long after all.

Now, if they could just map all the HD games they provide on the RSNs to the EI channels....... And then add a few Toronto and Philly home feed games, they'd have a pretty decent product!

Question. Is the Strike Zone channel included?

Reactions: fhsucade07
Not bad. Only took them five days into the season. "Coming soon" wasn't so long after all.

Now, if they could just map all the HD games they provide on the RSNs to the EI channels....... And then add a few Toronto and Philly home feed games, they'd have a pretty decent product!

Question. Is the Strike Zone channel included?

It would also be nice if the games showed up in Gamefinder.

This is my biggest issue with the dish season sports passes. Back when I had NBA League Pass, the same thing would happen. I have multi-sport pack and I can see the game is in HD on the RSN, or was in HD on one of the alt. channels, and it was only SD on League Pass. Same thing is happening with EI.

I mentioned this above, but I wonder, I know the RSN's in SD are conus, but are the HD feeds of the games conus or on the various spot beams? If they are spot beamed, would that require more bandwidth to "map" them to the EI/NBA/NHL package channels?

That's interesting because today I checked the guide on the Dish Anywhere app and the EI channels were listed.

I just checked on my iPad from my parents Dish account. It's not showing up in Dish Anywhere for me. The EI channels should be nested under 476 if you have a hopper. It shouldn't matter since it's still under free preview but they don't subscribe to EI if that makes a difference.

EI over Dish anywhere is pretty much unnecessary since they are including MLB.tv though. MLB.tv has more feeds and it's available on more devices so I'm not sure what the benefit to using Dish Anywhere would be. If you have Internet access just use MLB.tv.

Is there a free preview of MLB extra innings to start the season? I have access to all the channels and have been watching games all week. I already have MLB.tv and have no intentions of getting extra innings, just thought it was interesting why I am able to view all the games.

Still wondering if they are running a free preview?

I noticed the Mets network was showing their game last night and it was in HD. They do a really good job - I'd like to see them more often on EI on their network.

I noticed the Mets network was showing their game last night and it was in HD. They do a really good job - I'd like to see them more often on EI on their network.
I noticed that too, but it was blacked out in my area (South Florida). Hopefully there will be more SNY games.

Ok, a question about blackouts, but not specifically EI related. I'm in Spokane, WA. Why can't I get the Nationals/Phillies game this morning on the MLB Network? What possible reason could there be for blacking it out 2100 miles or so from the ball park?

And for EI, why isn't the MASN feed available?

Ok, a question about blackouts, but not specifically EI related. I'm in Spokane, WA. Why can't I get the Nationals/Phillies game this morning on the MLB Network? What possible reason could there be for blacking it out 2100 miles or so from the ball park?

And for EI, why isn't the MASN feed available?

Same here in northern Vt. MLB games blacked out often.

Same here in northern Vt. MLB games blacked out often.

I think I've got an answer. I am able to get the White Sox/Tigers game on the MLB alternate channel, so I'm guessing it's regional coverage.

But that doesn't account for the lack of the Nationals/Phillies game on EI since the Sox/Tigers game is on EI.

For MLBN I don't believe it is a matter of being blacked out based on any rules, you get one game either on the main channel or the backup, not both. Tonight is a good example. In Ct or Florida neither game would be blacked out under any rules, Diamond Backs/Giants or Mariners/Rangers. They picked the Mariners/Rangers to show at both my residences not the Diamond Backs/Giants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)