MLB Extra Innings Update

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
I 've seen on several websites that Friday May 5th was the deadline for companies to ink a deal for extra innings or risk losing the package till 2013 when Direct TV and In Demand's deal expires. Cablevision and Charter cable reached agreements. It appears DISH is the only major player that got shut out on this deal. Does this mean we won't get the Basdeball Network when it launches in 2009? Early information indicates that channel may show as much as 60-90 games a season. As a big baseball fan thats a channel that i would dearly like to have.

Hard to say. The channel wanted carriage in the lowest possible package guaranteed. When TBC starts DIsh could negotiate for carriage is a higher package.

Whether baseball will go for that, we'll know in 2 yrs.

My guess is TBC won't be on Dish for a while.

If it's only 60-90 games, that's not really very many when you think about it. That averages out to a few games per team. I'm sure the diehard baseball fans will be upset over missing a few games but most of us won't. Who knows, by then, Congress may have stepped in and yanked baseball's antitrust exemption although that seems unlikely. MLB has been very selfish in its negotiations so I hope DISH takes a very, very strong stance against them. Besides, the diehard fans have already switched to someone else anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)