MLB Extra Innings

KillaCam

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
South Carolina
Does anyone know if Dish will be offering the MLB package next season? I was upset when I realized this past season that it was not available and had to watch most of the games that I wanted to see on my computer :mad:

Not a chance, unless DirectTV buys Dish Network and the chance of that happening is almost non-existant.
Directv wouldn't have to buy Dish Network for them to carry MLB EI.

Dish would have to do something they aren't fond of.. PAY for IT!

MLB EI is not Exclusive to Directv.
Quite a number of cable and fiber Providers offer MLB EI

As you can see from the responses, wont be happening. Looks like you are already doing the alternative by watching it on your computer, I had MLBTV through the PS3, to see what it was like over extra innings picture quality was pretty nice

If you have a PS3 and are willing to pay a full year of baseball games for the price of one game one ticket ($100), you can order MLBTV and stream it on PS3 even if you have Dish.

If you have a PS3 and are willing to pay a full year of baseball games for the price of one game one ticket ($100), you can order MLBTV and stream it on PS3 even if you have Dish.
$100 for a game?

I pay $6 to $50 to see a game

Ok, that's what I did last season I ordered mlb tv. I watched it on my PS3 and laptop, I was just hoping they would have it on dish. thanks

Yup, E* doesn't think they'll get the same return of investment like they do with NBA LP and NHL CI.

So it's either "move" (except for a few teams, most notably the Yankees) or get MLB.TV.
For $100 its the best deal on any out of market package ("moving" not an option for me as I follow the Blue Jays).

PS3, Roku, HTPC, laptop hooked up to the TV set, you be the judge. Personally I prefer the HTPC.

Even if EI were available on E*, it would cost the same as with D* and in glorious SD.

Last edited:
I’ve only been to one MLB game in my life. That was May 15th of this year. Minnesota Twins @ NY Yankees. $150 for the ticket, $26 to park. And we didn’t even have real seats. Sat at the batters Eye behind the big screen, on what amounted to lawn chairs, granted they were padded and pretty comfortable chairs but still…Well worth it though. Yankees Stadium is a beautiful place and we had a good time. Lots of good memories from that trip.

Yup, E* doesn't think they'll get the same return of investment like they do with NBA LP and NHL CI.
From what I have heard that when they use to have MLB extra innings before they didn't make enough on it to cover their costs.

Of course I don't think it helped that the DISH package was missing teams including such big names as The New York Yankees from YES Network.

The other thing that did the package in was they were requiring DISH to become part owner of the MLB Network and DISH did not want to be in the programmer business.

Do like I did a few years ago when Dish did dump the MLBEI package. I went to Direct just for baseball. I had the EI for one season and found out I didn't watch enough of other teams to warrant the expense, my wife is a Dodger junkie. We "moved" and pick up locals out of LA and that is perfect because they must show 75% or more of games. With the last pitch of the season I suspend Direct until the next season. Works out perfect. If only Dish would pick up locals out of LA 500 miles away I probably would just dump Direct all together.

I must say with unlimited data plan on the iPhone MLB app was great. I only had for the post season, so it was a steal at $10. You have a choice of which radio broadcast to listen to, choice of camera angles and a detailed scoreboard.