MLB Net Adds Live Saturday Games

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
By Jon Lafayette
MLB Network said it is adding a package of live Saturday evening games to its broadcast schedule, doubling the number of games it will carry in its first season.
The first Saturday night game will air April 11 and feature the Los Angeles Dodgers at the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Source & More: tvweek.com

This is great news, thanks for the info! :up

I decided not to get MLB-EI this year (at least for the first half of the season), so another source for games is truly welcomed! :)

Nice. I was pretty surprised to see MLBN going with only one game a week -- the real value in these team run channels is the live games. That said, thanks to the large number of daily games, the live highlight show at night is actually quite valuable.

I'd really like to see them add some minor league games as well. Perhaps on Mondays which is otherwise a light day for games? They could try to feature a game involving the AAA or AA affiliates of two teams that have off on that day.

ESPN, TBS and FOX should ask for some of their money back - MLB Network is diluting whatever "specialness" a national MLB broadcast has in this day and age.

OTOH, MLB Network probably will launch Tuesday and Friday night baseball in the next week or two. :D

ESPN, TBS and FOX should ask for some of their money back - MLB Network is diluting whatever "specialness" a national MLB broadcast has in this day and age.

OTOH, MLB Network probably will launch Tuesday and Friday night baseball in the next week or two. :D

Huh? If by "diluted" you mean a station that will broadcast games done by baseball enthusiasts who specialize in the game over the big corporate vanilla networks that employ broadcasters who could care less about the game (Joe Buck), then I don't think the alternative, errr "diluted" is really such a bad thing after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)