MLB.TV/ ROKU Player (Not till later )

tinyhockey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
johnson city
I was redaing about this ruko player t watch mlb game on your tv with this ruko box.

well I called ruko customer serivce and the game are not LIVE with this RUKO box it is on a 90 min delay

why would people pay 99.00 to ruko to wtach game that are not live on a 90 min delay for.

I was redaing about this ruko player t watch mlb game on your tv with this ruko box.

well I called ruko customer serivce and the game are not LIVE with this RUKO box it is on a 90 min delay

why would people pay 99.00 to ruko to wtach game that are not live on a 90 min delay for.
If you can hook your computer to your tv, order MLB.tv. For $99.00 you get every MLB game LIVE.

For another $20.00, you get dvr fuctions and choice of home or away broadcasts.

I have a desktop connected to my TV and watch the games on my 52 inch Samsung. The quality is great.

Here is the website.

MLB.TV. Baseball Everywhere. | MLB.com: Subscriptions

Good Luck

I believe that you (tinyhockey) may have been misinformed. I subscribed through my Roku last year. They showed every game that wasn't on national TV live. Every game might be on a 90 second delay due to buffering but not 90 minutes. The bigger question is whether they have upgraded their picture. The feeds last year were not worth the price of admission. Last year was a beta test so they may have improved.

Last edited:
I believe that you (tinyhockey) may have been misinformed. I subscribed through my Roku last year. They showed every game that wasn't on national TV live. Every game might be on a 90 second delay due to buffering but not 90 minutes. The bigger question is whether they have upgraded their picture. The feeds last year were not worth the price of admission. Last year was a beta test so they may have improved.

I talked to 3 differnt people at Roku and 1 of them was a manager and I got the same answers from them all that all game are live but they are 90 min delay.

I was thinking the same thing what teh web site says

90 min delay

Kim
I talked to 3 differnt people at Roku and 1 of them was a manager and I got the same answers from them all that all game are live but they are 90 min delay.

90 min delay

The only reference to a 90 minute delay that I had seen involves home market teams and national games. If it is on television in your market, it is not available on the Roku for 90 minutes after that game is over. All out of market teams can be seen live. Here is the MLB.com advertisement for the service.

Watch LIVE baseball games on your Roku Player | MLB.com: Subscriptions

They have even added HD (where available).

90 min delay

No tinyhockey. You are receiving, or are misinterpreting the information you are being given.

There is a delay as far as the buffering is concerned. Between 70-110 seconds. Meaning a little over a minute to almost 2 minutes in delay.

Depending on where you live(your ZIP CODE/Address comes into play here) will determine "LIVE" games from teams that will be blacked out. For myself, as an example, I am blacked out of "LIVE" games for both the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Cleveland Indians.

All other games(unless they are being NATIONALY BROADCAST on either ESPN or TBS on Sunday Night or Saturday respectively) are broadcast LIVE.

So if you are a SF Giant fan, and your game is on at 10:05 EST and the game is not on nationaly(it may be being shown on ESPN, but it is not considered a nationaly televised game, as they may be showing other markets other West Coast games), then you can watch it "LIVE" via the ROKU player.

I decided not to get it this year because between ESPN, Local teams(Pirates and Indians), FOX on Saturdays, and TBS on Sundays, and now MLB Network(I have Time Warner Cable), it is really kind of a waste of money IMHO.

Especially if they do not improve the picture from last year. Granted it was a BETA version, but they really need to improve the picture, based on bandwidth. VERY BLOCKY and not all that great.

No tinyhockey. You are receiving, or are misinterpreting the information you are being given.

There is a delay as far as the buffering is concerned. Between 70-110 seconds. Meaning a little over a minute to almost 2 minutes in delay.

Depending on where you live(your ZIP CODE/Address comes into play here) will determine "LIVE" games from teams that will be blacked out. For myself, as an example, I am blacked out of "LIVE" games for both the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Cleveland Indians.

All other games(unless they are being NATIONALY BROADCAST on either ESPN or TBS on Sunday Night or Saturday respectively) are broadcast LIVE.

So if you are a SF Giant fan, and your game is on at 10:05 EST and the game is not on nationaly(it may be being shown on ESPN, but it is not considered a nationaly televised game, as they may be showing other markets other West Coast games), then you can watch it "LIVE" via the ROKU player.

I decided not to get it this year because between ESPN, Local teams(Pirates and Indians), FOX on Saturdays, and TBS on Sundays, and now MLB Network(I have Time Warner Cable), it is really kind of a waste of money IMHO.

Especially if they do not improve the picture from last year. Granted it was a BETA version, but they really need to improve the picture, based on bandwidth. VERY BLOCKY and not all that great.

I called again today to Roku and gave them my zip code of 37601 and state of Tennessee and ask again about this 90 min dleay on all the games and they said the same thing every game will be on a 90 min delay

the team I want to watch all teh time is detroit tigers

I called again today to Roku and gave them my zip code of 37601 and state of Tennessee and ask again about this 90 min dleay on all the games and they said the same thing every game will be on a 90 min delay

I have put in bold some important info for you directly from their website(roku.com). Take it or leave it.

Roku_and_MLB.sflb.ashx

Roku enables MLB.TV subscribers to move live webcasts from their PC screens to any TV. With Roku and MLB.TV Premium, you can now watch all your favorite baseball teams no matter where you live.
Catch live, out-of-market games on your TV with your MLB.TV Premium subscription and your Roku player. There is no additional charge for Roku's baseball channel except for the MLB.TV subscription fee. The baseball season is now over, but get ready to catch all the live action on your Roku player starting in April 2010.
If you already have your MLB.TV Premium subscription, what are you waiting for? The Roku player will get you away from your laptop and put those glorious games right on your TV screen. Play, pause, rewind and fast-forward the game, as if you were watching on your DVR. Review that close call or once-in-a-lifetime grand slam over and over.
For more information, visit: www.mlb.com/roku.

Last edited:
I have a ROKU and had MLB last year. Games are live, no 90 minute delay last year at least.

You are misinterpreting what they are saying to you. Your LOCAL team's games will not be available to view until 90 minutes after the game has gone final. All other games that DO NOT involve your local team are available live.

Interesting question...

I have asked Roku for an answer on this... I have also invited Roku to be a guest on an upcoming edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show.

Hopefully they will accept. :D

Interesting question...

I have asked Roku for an answer on this... I have also invited Roku to be a guest on an upcoming edition of the SatelliteGuys Radio Show.

Hopefully they will accept. :D

That would be great Scott, Roku sounds like a intresting product.

For those who have had it? How is the PQ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)