MLB Zones Question

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Is there any area that is in the Chicago DMA and is also in the zone that can receive the Milwaukee Brewers games? I know of the claim zone map, but it isn't specific enough. Anyone with past experience? Thanks!

Even though when I put in an address for the dish network local site and it says that comcast chicago is the only available rsn, does that necessarily mean that it isn't in the brewers claim area? Or is there another way? Does anyone know of any address/area that is eligible for both chicago locals & brewers baseball?

Maybe somewhere in Racine or Kenosha

I already tried Racine and Kenosha counties...I was hoping that someone in this forum would have had any past experience with a similar situation. Otherwise I may move to Madison or Green Bay--I just miss the Chicago locals. If only there were a way to have both...

I've found that there is no way to check what certain areas will give you with the sports pack. It's 5.99 a month and often times you will pull an out of town team for example in Erie PA you pull the Cavs and in Akron Ohio you pull in the Penguins with the multi sport. I've found that by checking D* website you can often cross reference and the same is true on E*. I would be careful doing this though because I would guess there would be some discrepancy between the two in some circumstances. You might want to try something in Rockford, I just did a quick zip code check on D* site and with the sports pack they pull the Brewers and Blues.

Last edited:
What do you think is a better idea: "move" to madison dma (hd locals turned on soon) and get cubs/brewers, "move" to green bay to get hd locals (we don't get cbs) and brewers, try and find an address in the chicago dma that gets brewers, or "move" to rockford and get zero local hd and brewers, cubs, and cards. The whole reason why I'm doing this is to get hd locals (pref. chic.) and more pro sports teams. I would like to receive more than one DMA (sat + ota) in case of breaking news where they would skip over a program, etc. Any input appreciated.

I didn't realize Rockford had their own set of locals. From glancing quickly at the mapquest I figured they be covered under Chicago. Personal preference though on what you pick. I personally value sports over hd locals, but thats just me.

I also value hd over sports, but others in my family have to be able to watch the brewers. I really liked the chicago locals, but if they can't get me the brewers, it's not an option. I think what I may do is move to gb until the madison dma gets lit up, then we can pick up the cubs too.

I also value hd over sports, but others in my family have to be able to watch the brewers. I really liked the chicago locals, but if they can't get me the brewers, it's not an option. I think what I may do is move to gb until the madison dma gets lit up, then we can pick up the cubs too.

Can't you get your locals in HD OTA? You'd be surprised what a "cheap" UHF antenna can get you nowadays.

How far are you from the local broadcast towers? You can check here:

Address

If you can pull locals in OTA, then "moving" to get Brewers games makes the most sense ;)

I already have great OTA reception; I just want another DMA to receive (in case there's a problem with my DMA) that is also in the Brewers claim area (preferably the Chicago DMA--but I've been trying addresses, and it hasn't said I can get Brewers games there).

I also tried without success to find an address that would get me the Chicago locals with Brewers/Cubs/Sox. The best address I could find was Rensselaer Indiana 47978 which gives you Chicago locals/teams along with the Reds and Blues.

One other option is to "move" to River Falls Wisconsin which would give you Minneapolis/St.Paul HD locals and Brewers/Twins baseball. The Twin cities HD locals are conus on sat 129.

I guess I'll either have to wait for the Madison HD locals and get brewers/cubs. But in the meantime I'm going to keep on searching for that perfect zip code that gets brewers and chicago locals. If anyone can help me in my searching and post other alternatives, that would be VERY helpful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts