MLBN in Puerto Rico

neljtorres

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2005
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
I got hte channel but they blackout the game last night Red Sox vs Yankees on Dish
But in my next door neighboor has cable tv Onelink and gots the MLBN and he was watching the game could this be because the cable company has MLB Extra Innings?

Because WAPA has the rights in the Island but they don't block the cable signal:confused:

Interesting. Didnt knew that MLB got available to subs already. But yes...on Onelink....generally they show the listing in the guide....where 1 is blackout...(generally the more interesting game is available :D) Hoping Dish follows the same

Yes, the game was "not available in your area". Something strange happened to me. I have a custom channel layout (favorites) and I added MLBN, changed to the channel and received the "this channel is not available in your area" message. Then, late at night, I tried to go the channel again, but it was removed from my custom channel list. I went ahead and added it again, and was able to watch the channel (not the game, just their regular programming).
It was as if the channel was removed and then added again.

Nel...talking abt WAPA & that you know so much inside information, can you tell me why the WAPA2 DISH guide dont show MLB games listing. Its always showing Cycling or Track & Field etc etc...even when WAPA2 have those games live & WAPA2 website themself list those upcoming games in their schedule

Why is that mismatch?

Nel...talking abt WAPA & that you know so much inside information, can you tell me why the WAPA2 DISH guide dont show MLB games listing. Its always showing Cycling or Track & Field etc etc...even when WAPA2 have those games live & WAPA2 website themself list those upcoming games in their schedule

Why is that mismatch?

I haved complained that to dish in the past and they still have not fixed it yet.

Why is that mismatch?

It's not necessarily DISH fault. Online tv-programming guides and stand-alone applications (TV-Browser, iPhone apps, etc.) all have the wrong info, so this is either WAPA's own fault, not giving the correct info to listings providers, or the listing providers themselves (I believe it is Tribune Media)

It's not necessarily DISH fault. Online tv-programming guides and stand-alone applications (TV-Browser, iPhone apps, etc.) all have the wrong info, so this is either WAPA's own fault, not giving the correct info to listings providers, or the listing providers themselves (I believe it is Tribune Media)

Interesting. I never checked those guides though. Only Dish vs WAPA2. Maybe 1 one of the DIRT Team members can clarify?

I know this may be far fetched as to why the Yankee game was blacked out.

Since some of the locals from the island basically NY locals with commercials towards Puerto Rico I wonder if thats why you were blacked out (I know the games arent on there but hey I've seen crazier things)

I know this may be far fetched as to why the Yankee game was blacked out.

Since some of the locals from the island basically NY locals with commercials towards Puerto Rico I wonder if thats why you were blacked out (I know the games arent on there but hey I've seen crazier things)
Lets see if tonight game is on

I'm in Davenport, IA and the Braves / Phillies game last night was blacked out. Tonight's Red Sox game is also showing as being blacked out.

Before that, I was able to watch games on MLBN, unless the involved teams were part of the IA market (which I can watch on my RSN or ALT channels).

Do you know if there are licensing issues to show the crucial games?

Why does Puerto Rico does not have MLBN in HD ??? We get LAS (channel 856) which is a baseball based sport channel and no MLBN HD? Baseball and basketball are the most followed sports on the island. Baseball fans in Puerto Rico (which are plenty) should get MLBN in HD. Even OneLink cable has it (MLBN HD). I would bet Dish Network sales would go up in the island if they add MLBN HD to Puerto Rico. DIRT please file the request. Thank you!

I'm in Davenport, IA and the Braves / Phillies game last night was blacked out. Tonight's Red Sox game is also showing as being blacked out.

Before that, I was able to watch games on MLBN, unless the involved teams were part of the IA market (which I can watch on my RSN or ALT channels).

Do you know if there are licensing issues to show the crucial games?

For us its the same thing in PR mostly all the games I can watch them and once a while a blackout since one of our Locals channels has the MLB rights WAPA I think MLB gives them that protection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)