MLS Direct Kick and/or Sports Pack in HD

7thton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
I'm thinking about getting the MLS Direct Kick package or perhaps just getting the sports package, which apparently includes CSN-Chicago.

My question is, apparently CSN-Chicago shows the Chicago Fire games in HD. Will I get them in HD through the sports pack, or do I have to be in the local viewing area (Chicago) to get the HD feed?

I am not sure about the MLS but i would say that even if you got the Sports Pack you would not be able to view the MLS games on CSN if you are out of the sporting market. i could be wrong on this i am sure i will be corrected about this if i am wrong.Major sporting events are blacked out on CSN unless CSN is apart of your local package. So your best bet would be to buy the MLS package.

I am not sure about the MLS but i would say that even if you got the Sports Pack you would not be able to view the MLS games on CSN if you are out of the sporting market. i could be wrong on this i am sure i will be corrected about this if i am wrong.Major sporting events are blacked out on CSN unless CSN is apart of your local package. So your best bet would be to buy the MLS package.

Thanks...I think you're right. I wonder how much of the stuff on the Direct Kick package will be in HD. I heard from another site that there will only be 30 HD MLS games this year and that something like 13 of them are exclusive to HDNet. I'm sure ESPN are picking up the rest. I just wonder if that's right. I mean, if I get the Direct Kick package and, for example, the Chicago Fire game is being broadcast in HD by CSN-Chicago, would Direct Kick show that feed? Or just a SD feed from another broadcaster?

ESPN and ABC will also do all MLS games in HD this year, I think the 30 will be between thoses two channels because they are basic channels for a lot of providers, Hdnet will add even more to the HD fun.

Hopefully the Revs finally are champs this year. Maybe even get their own stadium after Kraft completes his new project in progess " Mall of Kraft"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)