Mnf

Status
Please reply by conversation.

riggscm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
So I watching the Bears/Dolphons last night (HD of course)...
Then they go into this whole thing about Peter Jennings and the audio sounds just horrible. Not that I was really interested in what they had to say about Mr. Jennings, but it really caught my attention because of the audio problems.

To be more specfic the volume was way down. Normally I watch sports with my audio receiver at about 35 volume, but to even make out what was being said I had to double it.

I'm used to there being some varitions in volume for comercials, and various video segments/highlights but this was just odd.

Did anyone else notice this as well?

It is so funny because AS I was noticing this, I was thinking to myself, am I the only person who pays any attention to this stuff?? Good to know I am not alone. I had 4-5 momentary audio drop outs, mostly during commericals though.

I also suffered from a stuttering picture for anything live during the entire 2nd quarter. 1st, 3rd and 4th were perfect. Replay footage was fine it was just live action during the 2nd.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Did have the audio problem from time to time-but I usually have to crank the volume on HD stuff both D* and OTA. Always have to be careful when changing to SD channel because it gets so loud.

Also had some video problem in the third-pixallated real bad fro about ten seconds then dropped out of HD for couple of minutes-went to commercial and back to HD when returned.

riggscm-great quote-good to see some intelligent people post here

I didn't have the problem. But many newer DD receivers have a "flag" they'll accept that can auto raise the volume. In my case, during the show, I'd get an automatic "+4 boost" ...

I only had one little issue, and that was when the HD picture messed up. it temporarily went to a SD broadcast over HD (i.e. black bars on the side) and then corrected when it came back from commercial.

The Jennings piece was taped well before gametime. Audio was probably not lip synched yet or at the same volume as the game. I noticed the same problem on the backhaul feed.

2 things....
Whats a backhaul feed?

aside from the video highlights, It didn't seem like the piece was prerecoreded. In other words it seemed that the bumpers, or wraparounds were live and thats what I was commenting on. Sorry if that was unclear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)