Mobile Al HD LiL's

skyviewmark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Bay Minette, Al
I am still having issues with Mobile Local HD.. Especially WEAR-3 ABC. It is having a considerable amount of breakup and Digital Blocking. Have plenty of signal, and since I am a Dish Technician, I have checked all I know. So I am here, to ask anyone, like Pepper, or anyone else if they are having issues with this channel.

I have noticed that too. I put in a tech request email, they are still at the "reboot your box" stage. Do you have any special tech support you can get involved in it?

I haven't checked WALA the past couple of days, are they still losing audio when it goes to HD?

The Audio on Fox10 seems to be fixed.. Although I am getting breakups on that channel too.. Just not as bad as WEAR. I have a 75 signal on 61.5 Tr 3. But it's very slow in locking in. Which is why I wanted some feedback from others. I don't have any special number to get me in anywhere for faster help, so I have to resort to calling the normal channels. I have sent a letter to dishquality but never got a response. Guese I will have to move up the chain. Not sure who that is though.

yup, i just captured something weird from Fox10 during the 9pm news. What happens is that the picture pixelizes, it's like there's never a "sync" frame but it keeps getting the changes. You see stuff moving around that you almost recognize but it never clears up.

Edit - it just cleared up. :)

Obvious issue with their ATSC device.

Attachments

• fox10-pixelized.jpg
    fox10-pixelized.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 183
Dudes, I've been watching the locals HD on OTA for a couple of years. Have they now been uplinked? And is this problem your are discussing on the uplink? because I've not seen any problem with my OTA except for a couple of occasions and it's mostly WPMI 15.

Yep. I have seen that same picture on my Set. ABC has been the biggest culprit. I always thought with digital that the audio was embedded.. But what I am seeing is a complete picture distortion with the audio continuing uninterupted. My picture on ABC has gotten really psychodelic with a picture that takes me back to the 60's. But I am getting this problem with all 3 channels at one time or another..

Pepper, I guess you and I are the only ones from this area that has 61.5.. Haven't seen anyone else chime in about this situation..

Dudes, I've been watching the locals HD on OTA for a couple of years. Have they now been uplinked? And is this problem your are discussing on the uplink? because I've not seen any problem with my OTA except for a couple of occasions and it's mostly WPMI 15.

The problem is on Dish's end.. I have no problem with my OTA at all.. My guess since they are newly uplinked they haven't worked all the bugs out yet..

Pepper, I guess you and I are the only ones from this area that has 61.5.. Haven't seen anyone else chime in about this situation..
I will get it eventually, I'm not in any rush since it's not football season. Honestly, all I want it for is Fox 10, so I don't have to fight with rabbit ears or put an antenna on my roof. I'm in the city and I get great reception on everything else with my indoor Terk. If it weren't for Fox being VHF I don't think I'd even bother, it's nice to have the option but I was much more excited about finally getting USA/SciFi.

Must be, I was a lifetime Sky Angel sub, so I've had 61.5 before 129 or even 105 (remember that one!) existed.

Yes, WEAR, WKRG and WALA are now available from 61.5, with the occasional picture and audio problems we are discussing here. Still haven't got a real answer as to why WPMI wasn't turned on but we think it has to do with the fact that they were bought by a different company recently who must not yet have an agreement with Dish. WJTC is in the same situation, same owner.

I got an email from the station engineer at WPMI. He sent an email to Dish and ask them what was the problem. They never even answered him either. Same old Dish. It is his understanding that an agreement is in place to upload their station.

Some fellow Mobilians! I was at the Tillmans Corner Hooters two nights ago ;)

Hopefully theyll get the issues worked out. Looking forward to signing up for the Norfolk hd lils.

WALA still having the weird stuff happen occasionally.

No useful answers to any of the technical queries.

Still no WPMI. Still no notification from Dish that the channels are available.

But I think the original projected launch date is still in the future? Maybe they will have it all worked out by then.

I got notification that the channels had launched. But I still don't understand WPMI-15. Apparently no one has heard or can explain exactly why they haven't been made available yet. Dish hasn't answered me..

All the new HD Lil's are doing strange things still. But it seems to have gotten better, so they must still be fine tuning them. Wife didn't scream last night during Idol or Dancing with the Stars so she must not have had any major quality issues..

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This is the explanation I recently received from NBC 15.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']We were recently sold to Newport Television and any agreements that were made with our previous owners, Clear Channel, have to be renegotiated. We are being told by our new owners that is the reason we are not being carried on the new HD tier and that they expect the retransmission agreement to be signed soon. At least that's what we locally are hoping.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This is the explanation I recently received from NBC 15.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']We were recently sold to Newport Television and any agreements that were made with our previous owners, Clear Channel, have to be renegotiated. We are being told by our new owners that is the reason we are not being carried on the new HD tier and that they expect the retransmission agreement to be signed soon. At least that's what we locally are hoping.[/FONT]

So basically, I read that as..
"We want more money and Charlie doesn't want to pay it.. We think we can outlast him"

They don't know Charlie very well.. And the fact that NBC is in dead last place in the ratings doesn't give them much of a bargaining chip.

I know that I still have issues with ABC..

And I have heard nothing about NBC. I figured we would have it by now.. Wonder who the guilty hold out is?

Still haven't heard anything either. Gonna miss alot of Braves games this month also, unless we leave home to watch them. I still can't believe that Dish won't work out a deal on that when Direct and the cable companies have.

Still haven't heard anything either. Gonna miss alot of Braves games this month also, unless we leave home to watch them. I still can't believe that Dish won't work out a deal on that when Direct and the cable companies have.

DirecTV doesn't have HD Locals.. So Don't know if they have a deal there or not. I have heard that that had them all lined up back in 2006 when they originaly said they were going to lite up the HD locals. But it aparently has something to do with the change of ownership at channel 15.. Dish was set up under the old owners, but the new owners seem to be holding out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts