Moca Issue

Dishusercan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
US
My moca signal is weak no mater what I try, I also used brand new rg6 and it still says weak. Is there a booster I can buy?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sounds like either the cables are not run right or your runs are so long that the signal is dropping out. How big is your house?

The cables are pretty long so I was wondering if there is some kind of booster

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There are cables that are less lossy than RG 6. RG 35b comes to mind but it is almost one inch in diameter and quite likely VERY expensive. Is there anyone out there who has tried it?

I wouldn't think the cables would work except under 100 ft. Anything more than that would cause drop outs on mocca ,I would think.

They say the max distance between hopper and Joey should be no more that 200'(I think, or is it 250')... Of cable length, not actual distance. Check the barrels in the wall plate at the hopper location, make sure it is blue in the center, not white or clear. Also make sure that any open ports in the system are properly terminated with a 75 ohm terminator.

Making sure un used ports are terminated is important. But I don't believe the blue barrel thing is important. The only reason I changed mine to blue is the Dish guy told me to and supplied them.

The op needs some one to help him find out what is wrong.

To add to my last post, I have two Hoppers and two Joeys. My new addition has 3 gig 7915a Belden cable and blue barrel wall plates. My other 3 rooms have old Belden 1 gig cable and old wall plates. I have no issues with picture quality or moca in the other 3 rooms. I am very pleased with my system. No hiccups.

To add to my last post, I have two Hoppers and two Joeys. My new addition has 3 gig 7915a Belden cable and blue barrel wall plates. My other 3 rooms have old Belden 1 gig cable and old wall plates. I have no issues with picture quality or moca in the other 3 rooms. I am very pleased with my system. No hiccups.
It depends on the frequency being used, node to Hopper must be 3ghz. Hopper to Joey does not require 3ghz cable or wall plates so even RG59 will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts