Model 322 duo receiver

tennhillbilly

Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Tennessee
Can someone tell me if a model 322 dual receiver will still be usable for standard definition after may 31st ? I have read that after May 31 they are moving my locals to the eastern arc satellites . I have a model 322 that is connected to a dish 500 that is receiving 110 and 119 satellites . I purchased a new dish 1000.4 with eastern arc lnb and a model VIP 222k receiver . I am wondering if my 322 could be used as a second receiver.

Thanks for any information.

Can someone tell me if a model 322 dual receiver will still be usable for standard definition after may 31st ? I have read that after May 31 they are moving my locals to the eastern arc satellites . I have a model 322 that is connected to a dish 500 that is receiving 110 and 119 satellites . I purchased a new dish 1000.4 with eastern arc lnb and a model VIP 222k receiver . I am wondering if my 322 could be used as a second receiver.

The 322 should still be OK after May 31 on Western Arc. The 322 will not work on the Eastern Arc.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Why did you buy equipment that DISH will probably give (lease) you free of up front costs?
His bill would have gone up $7 if not bought. 322= no monthly fee. VIP222 discontinued, so would have gotten a 722, or 2 211's, each option of course, would raise bill $7

Why did you buy equipment that DISH will probably give (lease) you free of up front costs?
I purchased the original equipment that I have so I would not be under contract. I mainly use the dish equipment for camping in my rv but I sometimes hook it up to my house when I return home . I have cable installed in the house , but I have some channels on dish that I don't have on cable and vice versa. Like a lot of people I received letters and phone calls about moving to the Eastern arc and my equipment would be obsolete. The letter said there would not be any cost associated with the up grade ,but when it came down to it they said they would send a tech and I could lease the receiver or I could purchase it for $99.00.and install it myself .The reason for my question about the 322 was I thought if it would still work I could leave it in the house and not have to move it back and forth each time I went camping.

Reactions: Mr Tony
yes the 322 will still work. My dad has one on his account (Dish changed out the 2 301's he had about a month ago)

yes the 322 will still work. My dad has one on his account (Dish changed out the 2 301's he had about a month ago)
When did the 322 start working on the Eastern Arc? Dish is changing him to EA. Yes it will work on Western Arc still but will DISH keep it active, maybe time for a DIRT reply?

When did the 322 start working on the Eastern Arc?
it doesn't

Dish is changing him to EA. Yes it will work on Western Arc still but will DISH keep it active,
Just because his market's HD stations are on Eastern Arc doesnt mean they will change him if he has SD equipment. They will stay on Western Arc
(otherwise DIsh would have to change out ALL subscribers in that market regardless of equipment)

Reactions: TheKrell

He has purchased a 222K and a 1000.4 so I would say he is leaving Western Arc and SD only reception. Now DISH has been flagging EA accounts so they can't use MPEG 2 equipment that is why I suggested getting a response from DIRT about the 322 still being useful.

If it is setup correctly, then the 322 will not be useful. But the account doesn't get updated without some form of customer interaction to the company

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)