Model 6000 Corrupt guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcbridge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
Limerick Pa
I don't know if this has been covered but I have a model 6000, which seems to have a corrupt guide for example Ch 9421 DiscoveryHD shows a cricket match and wants $199 to access it. I unplugged the receiver and when I accessed the guide it was correct, this has happened repeatedly about once a week unplugging it seems to fix it temporarily but it re-occurs, I have software version783 if that means anything?
Is this problem unique to me?

It happened to me once after the update but has been fine since then. They have been moving a lot of channels around on the satellites and maybe your smart card is not getting updated you may need to pull it out and use a pink eraser and gently clean the gold contacts on it or if it looks clean just plug it in and out about five times while you have the receiver unplugged and keep one hand on the receiver while you are doing this so you do not get static discharge that might hurt the smart card. If you keep having problems after that make sure you get the $1.99 a month insurance from Dish Network just incase it completely fails you so you only have to pay $15.00 for a exchange receiver and that will also cover your other Dish Network equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts