Modulator/Diplexor/Filter Help

spazzychicken

Original poster
May 1, 2009
Georgia
I have now been a E* customer now for almost 6 months, and I love it so far! I am a Comcast convert, and I hope that I never have to go back! The 722 DVR is awesome, and I love my TurboHD Bronze service. Everything I want, without paying for all the crap I don't.

Anyway, I now want to be able to add an external off-the-air antenna, but I don't want to have to drill another hole in the external wall. It seems like I should be able to do this, but I have been unsuccessful thus far (due to lack of knowledge, I suppose).

I have posted a wiring diagram of my current setup. I have a plasma that is connected to the 722, and two other tv's in the house fed by the home distribution modulator.

What I tried to do is combine the home distribution with the cable feeding the cable modem. However, Comcast never placed a filter on my line after I cancelled my video service, so I still get all the cable tv channels. This leaves me with no good channel to modulate the 722 on. I've read about low-pass and high-pass filters, but I am not sure if it will interfere with my cable modem.

Modulators, diplexors, splitters, filters, high-pass, low-pass.......help!

Attachments

• wiring.JPG
    wiring.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 208
are there any higher channel numbers free on your catv service. I modulate out on channel 100 (no cable channel there).

the 722 is nice, since it lets you choose what modulation type, then you can combine it with your existing cable. a regular splitter (used in reverse) accomplishes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)