Mom

As soon as the grand daughter turned up pregnant, that showed me where they were going.
Three generations of too-young-mothers, following in the same footsteps.
I was on the fence anyway, but that did it.
I've seen nothing creative in the writing nor characters.
Dropped it off my pvr list.

Reactions: WI Dark
The episodes have been variable.
Some good (finding her real Dad), some terrible (anything with the two old ladies from AA).
Tonight, it took a turn for the better with the story line about the coming baby.
I watch it as filler, but don't really recommend.
Would be curious what others are thinking about it.

I like the show and I like Anna Ferris and the grandmother on the show too. I laugh a lot during the show and it reminds me of Two and Half Men except with females and more female oriented view points. Same guy that produces and directs both shows.

CBS' 'Mom' Gets Four-Week Preview on TBS
The CBS comedy will run on the Turner-owned cable network starting Aug. 25 and air its entire freshman run over four weeks, ending Sept. 29. TBS will pair the series with repeats of Lorre's The Big Bang Theory, which regularly tops syndicated ratings among the key adults 18-49 demographic.
The move was Lorre's idea, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, with the prolific producer noticing that repeats of his Two and a Half Men on FX and Big Bang Theory on TBS helped boost original first-run episodes of both shows.
"I'm very excited that TBS has agreed to run the first season of Mom every weekday evening following The Big Bang Theory," Lorre said. "It's my hope that this incredible platform will allow people who might not have seen the show on CBS a chance to get acquainted with it. And perhaps that acquaintance can turn into an ongoing relationship. Unlike other shows I’ve worked on, Mom has a certain darkness about it. But just like with Two and a Half Men, Mike & Molly and The Big Bang Theory, the goal is always laughter."

hollywoodreporter.com

[SERIES][SERIESWRAP1][EPISODENAME]Mom[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-09-23[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Eddie Gorodetsky[/SERIESAUTH], [SERIESAUTH]Gemma Baker[/SERIESAUTH], [SERIESAUTH]Chuck Lorre[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Anna Faris[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allison Janney[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sadie Calvano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Blake Garrett Rosenthal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nate Corddry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]French Stewart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Spencer Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Jones[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Mom is an American situation comedy that premiered on September 23, 2013 on CBS. The series was created by Chuck Lorre, Eddie Gorodetsky, and Gemma Baker and directed by Pamela Fryman with Eddie Gorodetsky and Gemma Baker serving as screenwriters for Warner Bros. Television.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP1][TVPOSTER1]
3fQPdRJCjsirBdJ2UQNUUX64H50.jpg
[/TVPOSTER1][/SERIES]

Next Episode: S02, E01 (Season Premiere)

Thursday, October 30, 2014

"Hepatitis and Lemon Zest":
Bonnie is angry when Christy's financial decisions threaten the family's living situation; Christy agrees to help out a newly sober woman.

S~

Well, it made it 7 years ....

I happened to read this thread from the beginning, many quit watching after a few shows ...
See what we know ... lol

Some like it, some don't, some find it the same script, different people ...

I never watched it much from the beginning, but it i'm flipping thru channels and see it, I'll watch.

I think teachsac is right, the show won't last much longer without the mother /daughter relationship.

Reactions: teachsac
I've watched it from the beginning and have enjoyed it. I just hope they write her off by saying she relapsed and overdosed.

S~

Some are writing that she is leaving for a movie career but I wonder if it is because of her kid, he is special needs and might need more help.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I'm looking for stuff to watch on CBSAA right now, so maybe I'll finally check it out. I know my sister really likes it. I generally lose interest in sitcoms after the first few episodes once the premise that made it unique wears off and characters are just doing the same things they do in every other sitcom over and over again (mostly acting stupid, vain, and egotistical).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)