Momentary Breakups

JerryDowning

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
NE Illinois
The shows on CBS ran about 40 minutes behind today due to NCAA basketball. We recorded "60 Minutes","The Amazing Race", "The Good Wife", and "The Mentalist". With the latest Hopper Software, there is some overlap between shows. When we watched each show, it eventually cut off about 20 minutes into the show. We then selected the following show to get the rest of the first show. Because of the overlap, we would get a small amount of program material again. When it reached the point where it had cut off, there was a brief audio dropout followed by a momentary breakup of the video. Has anyone else seen this?

Similar problem

I have two HWS with OTA tuners on both. Signal and picture on both is excellent. However, if I record something using a timer the recording has a large pixelated horizontal band approx. 1/3 the screen height that appears every 2 - 3 seconds along with some other picture artifacts. Now for the weird part, If I go to a channel and push the record button it will record without any problems and no picture problems. In addition, this happens on both Hoppers. Any thoughts?

I have two HWS with OTA tuners on both. Signal and picture on both is excellent. However, if I record something using a timer the recording has a large pixelated horizontal band approx. 1/3 the screen height that appears every 2 - 3 seconds along with some other picture artifacts. Now for the weird part, If I go to a channel and push the record button it will record without any problems and no picture problems. In addition, this happens on both Hoppers. Any thoughts?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/332450-OTA-Recordings-Breaking-Up

Thanks JSheridan, I looked through but did not find that thread. Also called Dish and they said it is a known problem they are working on and hope to have fixed soon. Where have we heard that before? All in all OTA tuners work very well other than this recording problem.

Thanks JSheridan, I looked through but did not find that thread. Also called Dish and they said it is a known problem they are working on and hope to have fixed soon. Where have we heard that before? All in all OTA tuners work very well other than this recording problem.

OTA recording worked great before the last update so maybe they'll get it fixed quickly. Doesn't look like there will be new software this week though. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)