Monday Morning QB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
I'll do a distaff version...

1. OK so the Jets, dressed as the Titans, beat the Titans, who were dressed as the Houston Oilers...all the way down to the coaches, who wore Houston Oilers shirts. I'm confused.

2. The Titans (the real Titans) outplayed the Jets yesterday, but turnovers led to a Jets victory. Hopefully that means Rex Ryan won't be so arrogant this week. Probably not, though...

3. Still, 3-0 is 3-0.

4. You Cleveland guys still spinning positive about Eric Mangini after three weeks?

5. I don't want to say 'I told you so', but what we learned here in NY is if you want to be hated like Belicheck, you better have the resume of Belicheck, so you at least get the respect. Without the resume Mangini gets the worst of both worlds.

6. At this point Favre has landed on his feet, the Jets seem to have landed on their feet, and Mangini is...Mangini. He always will be.

7. If the Broncos are the worst 3-0 team ever, the Titans of Tennessee must be the best 0-3 team ever.

8. Mark Sanchez is a cutie pie.

9. As I said in the first place, Michael Vick to Philly was a very strange deal. And with the way he played yesterday, it looks like it could take quite a while for Vick to get back to game shape.

10. Poor Chad Pennington.

11. After watching Hard Knocks with the Bengals, I'm really happy for Marvin Lewis and his players. Pretty much everyone except Chris Henry, actually. The Bengals should be 3-0!!!

12. Steve Spagnuolo looks like his hair turned a lot grayer the last three weeks...

13. OK two weeks in a row now where Sunday Night football has the starters say their college at the beginning of the game, and not one starter for any of the four teams, offense or defense, is from Ohio State. And from what I saw last night, Beanie Wells won't be starting for the Cardinals any time soon either.

14. Apparently the 'good' Jay Cutler played yesterday for the Bears. Expect the bad Jay to make a return sometime soon. Unfortunately, I did not get to see it.

15. Speaking of which, we go to a party at a friend of my boyfriend's house yesterday, and they don't have Sunday Ticket! What the heck??? No Red Zone channel or Andrew Siciliano for me after 3 PM, no flipping between games, no Game Mix in HD...nothing. For the 4PM game, the Dolphins and Chargers were on...AND THAT WAS IT! No other game to turn to...we were held hostage by CBS! They only showed highlights of other games like five times total. And to top it all off, we had to sit there and watch commercials like savages!

16. And then some guy, during a commercial, asks the channel flipper to flip to the golf tournament, just to see who is winning. So the channel stays on golf too long, as the flipper doesn't get back to the game anywhere near in time. What is up with that? Golf? On an NFL Sunday? I almost had to go into the backyard where all the girls were! Watching golf...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. Steelers are not the same team without Palamulu.

18. Wow for Peyton...again.

19. You have to be kidding me with...

a. The Seahawks uniforms. I'll give you the occasional throwbacks, but besides that if you have more than one uniform, you don't have a uniform. That goes for every team, every sport.

b. Tampa Bay's offense. Brutal.

c. Jamarcus Russell. Just like Terrell Pryor, he will probably never become the sum of his considerable parts.

d. Rex Ryan's waistline. I hope he can stay healthy long enough to enjoy what could be considerable success.

e. Guys watching golf instead of football. Still bugs me. My boyfriend is a very big guy, I think he should have done the right thing and punched the golf watcher out or something...

20. Regarding tonight's game - I don't think I'll be watching. Neither team is riveting right now, and I don't need another three and a half hour commercial for Jerry's place. Go go dancers in cages are just not my thing, either. The Angels can clinch tonight if they beat Texas. I think I'll watch that.

Sandra

Last edited:
1. OK so the Jets, dressed as the Titans, beat the Titans, who were dressed as the Houston Oilers...all the way down to the coaches, who wore Houston Oilers shirts. I'm confused.

Those throwback Jet uni's were uglier than the Seahawks and Oregon Ducks jerseys combined. With that said, if your team is winning, who cares what they look like. If it meant winning, they could color my Browns helmet Pink for all I care! :)

3. Still, 3-0 is 3-0.

Impressive start and against tough opponents. Congratulations. :up

4. You Cleveland guys still spinning positive about Eric Mangini after three weeks?

5. I don't want to say 'I told you so', but what we learned here in NY is if you want to be hated like Belicheck, you better have the resume of Belicheck, so you at least get the respect. Without the resume Mangini gets the worst of both worlds.

6. At this point Favre has landed on his feet, the Jets seem to have landed on their feet, and Mangini is...Mangini. He always will be.

I get it already. You were right and we were wrong. Rub it in why don't you. Excuse me for trying believe we had something hopeful to look forward to with the regime change.

7. If the Broncos are the worst 3-0 team ever, the Titans of Tennessee must be the best 0-3 team ever.

Agree

13. OK two weeks in a row now where Sunday Night football has the starters say their college at the beginning of the game, and not one starter for any of the four teams, offense or defense, is from Ohio State. And from what I saw last night, Beanie Wells won't be starting for the Cardinals any time soon either.

Not sure your point, but remember Anthony Gonzalez (Colts) is out with an injury. He is a significant ex-Buckeye player.

16. And then some guy, during a commercial, asks the channel flipper to flip to the golf tournament, just to see who is winning. So the channel stays on golf too long, as the flipper doesn't get back to the game anywhere near in time. What is up with that? Golf? On an NFL Sunday? I almost had to go into the backyard where all the girls were! Watching golf...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think I'd like your boyfriends buddies. I was switching between the Tour Championship and the Dolphin/Charger game too. If you saw the first half, you'd understand why. That game was boring.

17. Steelers are not the same team without Palamulu.

The Steelers problems run deeper than one person. That O-Line of theirs is horrid. Big Jen is running for his life on every play! BTW, who was the guy who proclaimed at the beginning of the season that the Steelers WOULDN'T make the playoffs and everyone was mocking??? Hmmmmm.... :D

18. Wow for Peyton...again.

Best QB among all actives. (Yes, even better than Brady and Favre).

19. You have to be kidding me with...

e. Guys watching golf instead of football. Still bugs me. My boyfriend is a very big guy, I think he should have done the right thing and punched the golf watcher out or something...

Golf is a game that has to be played to be appreciated. I take it your no golfer in real life.

20. Regarding tonight's game - I don't think I'll be watching. Neither team is riveting right now, and I don't need another three and a half hour commercial for Jerry's place. Go go dancers in cages are just not my thing, either. The Angels can clinch tonight if they beat Texas. I think I'll watch that.

Baseball instead of Football?! Blasphemy! ;) :)

I get it already. You were right and we were wrong. Rub it in why don't you. Excuse me for trying believe we had something hopeful to look forward to with the regime change.

Hey, I'm not right very often! Just pointing out the obvious, though. All is not lost in Cleveland, you just need a good coach, that's all. Look at the Jets, not long ago they lost their QB and their coach. They had nothing. They hire a good coach (supposedly), and look what's happened (so far).

I think I'd like your boyfriends buddies. I was switching between the Tour Championship and the Dolphin/Charger game too. If you saw the first half, you'd understand why. That game was boring.

I did see the first half...there were no other games on! The first half wasn't boring, both teams moved the ball, but the defenses tightened up in the red zone.

Watching a golfer stare at a putt for ten minutes...now that was boring!!! ;)

Golf is a game that has to be played to be appreciated. I take it your no golfer in real life.

I have a couple of things that get in the way of my golf game...;)

Baseball instead of Football?! Blasphemy! ;) :)

There are places where people's baseball team wasn't eliminated in June...:p

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts