Monster Power Center

hdtv 2003

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 25, 2004
I have recently bought and installed a Monster Reference Power Center HTS3500. I am running a 811 and a 522 through this unit along with all my theater equipment. It has really given me a much clearer picture even in 480 mode and even better in in 1080i HD :) There is one problem though that I have noticed on one channel so far, chan 109 is that it will lose the signal and try to aquire again, if I turn on the 522 the picture comes right back in, turn it off and it goes away again?? :confused: Does any body have one of these unit and have you had a problem like this?

earth station

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 14, 2004
I take it you're passing the cable lines through the Monster unit as well.

I would only do that if I had a Panamax that stated it was DishPro compatible, otherwise I stay clear of those things.

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
I use an HTS-3600 with an 811 and have also noted the significant improvement in PQ. However, the power center hasn't caused any signal problems. Sounds like your input is right at threshold for some signals. Check your signal strength, you may need to re-aim your dish. Also check all of your coax connections to ensure they are firmly attached, connectors solidly attached, and no corrosion.

hdtv 2003

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 25, 2004
Monster

All of my signal strengths remained the same, did not degrade at all and it only seems to be the one channel. I did check all connections at the switch and were all ok. I also ran it back normal and don't have the problem, it only happens when run through the monster. I might take it back and get another one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts