MonsterHD

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
WOW!!!!!

I'd pay $5.00 per month for MonstersHD alone. I have already maxed out my 921 with Night and Dawn of the Dead (Looks absolutley awesome in HD) as well as the multiple Godzilla's and F13th's.

GuyTV has also had some great shows as well

Thanks DISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The V* channels have been the best addition to E* since ESPN HD.

I had to stay home with my sick daughter yesterday and we had fun watching old cartoons on Animania HD (The picture was so good you could see a lot of the production flaws..... ie., black specks on the clear transparencies they used to draw the characters, etc. the colors really popped off the screen.... )

Now we just have to hope to get Starz HD soon so that we can see some of the Pixar films in HD......

BobMurdoch said:
The V* channels have been the best addition to E* since ESPN HD.

I had to stay home with my sick daughter yesterday and we had fun watching old cartoons on Animania HD (The picture was so good you could see a lot of the production flaws..... ie., black specks on the clear transparencies they used to draw the characters, etc. the colors really popped off the screen.... )

Now we just have to hope to get Starz HD soon so that we can see some of the Pixar films in HD......

StarzHD does not show any of the Disney movies in HD, all the Disney and Universal movies are up-converts, the Sony and New Line movies that premiere are in HD, just dropped this and Showtime on Comcast to make up the money difference to add the HD-Pack/Voom on Dish only.

Boooooo. I didn't know that. Oh well. I guess there is no way to see these movies in pristine HD just yet.......

Guys... Look for the Monsterama shows.. They are fantastic as they go behind the scenes of a lot of different movies. This Friday the 13th is the "Friday the 13th Marathon" I have already watched them all but you will be surprised how good they look.

I'll bet I've burned over 200 DVD's from Monsters alone, great channel. I use the promo clips they run before and after a movie to creat trailers that I place before my movies, it makes it seem just like a real theater, only mine has better graphics. MonstersHD has got to have the best graphics I've ever seen.

DarrellP, how do you record of of MonstersHD? Media PC of some type with HDTV capture card? I looked at building something like that, but I'm too cheap to sink the bucks.

Monsters HD was my favorite of the voom channels. I have dish comming out sat to install the second dish. Now I can fill my 942 full of horror hd goodness!

What dfergie said, excellent picture. My Panny outputs at 480p and I get a very good picture even at 8' wide. The Panny also cleans up SD signals and makes them look better, so often if I get a crappy channel, instead of upconverting it through my 6000, I'll watch it through my Panny and it often looks better.

I can hardly wait for HD DVD burners to come down to an affordable price.

Yes, MonstersHD is one of my favorite VOOM channels also -- I think that word of mouth for MonstersHD will bring in lots of new subs for Dish and make everyone in the industry realize that Direct's business model is inferior, ie, pay lots of money up front for HD equipment to lock you in and then offer few HD channels -- in other words, Direct's approach is to offer HD as an upscale service for the well-healed ($99 for HD football now, too), rather than as the new standard for the masses (as Dish does -- $15/month for 16 HD channels and much lower HD equipment costs (especially for new subs)).

Anyhow, I loved MonstersHD when it was with the old VOOM and I love it even more now since Elvira has been officially plugging it. The behind the scenes stuff and old movie trailers are great.

Nice touch having the Friday the 13th marathon yesterday on Monsters. That first one's an awesome movie --and it looked great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts