MonstersHD October Request Thread:

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I know Voom's planning on bringing some of the "Howlings" and American Werewolf. Here are some I would LOVE to see next month:

1) Halloween 1
2) Friday The 13th 2
3) Phantasm
4) Serpent and the Rainbow (never saw it, supposed to be good right?)
5) Any horror movie with Christopher Walken
6) Dreamscape
7) Poltergesit 1 and 2
8) Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
9) The Cell (movie didn't do too well, it's newer should be able to get it!)

Great choices. I further with:
1) Re-run the reanimator series - almost anything from H.P,. Lovecraft
2) House on haunted hill (the old one)
3) Any gruesome zombie movie (& there's alot of um out there...)

Motel Hell- Campy but cool
Last House on the Left- brutal flick
Gargoyles
Ghost Story
The Prophecy- Walken Flick with Aragon as Satan.
Phantasm- cool flick
The Brood
VideoDrome.
Rosemarys Baby
Basically any horror flick from the 60s-early eighties

And hey why not the king daddy of them all - THE EXORCIST!!! Imagine the green goo in HD on a big screen. I'm supposidly grown up but I may need to keep the lights on for that one...

I was traumatized as a kid watching Exorcist. I still can't watch it. Just seeing the Leslie Nielsen spoof "Possessed" freaked me out. Can't do it.

How about:

* the Omen series
* Candyman.
* the Hand. I have a warm spot for this movie cause it was the first R-rated movie I got into. All I remember from it was some nekkid boobage!
* all the good and not so good Stephen King adaptation -- Shining, Dead Zone, Firestarter, Cujo, Pet Sem.
* how about Japanese horror? original The Ring, Audition.

barth2k said:
I was traumatized as a kid watching Exorcist. I still can't watch it.
barth2k said:
I agree. What is it about that movie? This would be a good survey topic. How many adults could honestly watch this movie, in HD 5.1 Dolby at night with all the lights off? Count me out...

The persistent urban legend that The Excorcist was based on real life events is what sends chills down your spine.... When I was buying my TV at Brandsmart, the salesman yelled at me, The Power of VOom compels you! The Power of Voom compels you!

Also a nod for Stephen King type flics like Children of the Corn, Carrie, Cujo, and Pet Semetary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)