Montana pbs impossible to catch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

southofi-10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2010
South Louisiana
I used to get this.Now,no matter what I do,I can't get it or Oklahoma pbs.
I get the regular pbs mux on 125,but have tried all I know to get Montana.
It really sucks when you waste a day.
Anybody got any tricks for a stationary 30" dish?
I've tried many lnbs,settings-- and notta................

My CM 30 inch won't get Montana or Ok. either. My 84e has no problem, with the proper elliptical feed horn. Doesn't get it with a normal offset style LNBF on it.(doesn't see the whole dish)

yeah you were doing good if you got it on a 30" before, I can even get a blip on that small a dish.

I have a 1.2m Channel Master dish on 125w. Everything comes in excellent except Montana. The signal is good with quality in the 70's, but it always plays a second, glitches, starts & stops, etc. When they first changed to DVB-S2, it would make my CS-8000 lock up & re-boot every time I hit that transponder. It doesn't do that anymore, but it's still unwatchable. Something is not right with that signal.

So,do you have any problems with Oklahoma pbs?
I can't get neither anymore.
Maybe the switch to dvb2 burned me.
I've got a 36 inch dish,but hate to use it just for 1 channel.LOL
And then again,that might not do the trick either.
Guess I'll move on to something else.

Regular PBS - 87S 71Q
Montanna - 88S - bouncing Q of 58 to 63
LPBS the problem here, 90S Q jumps from 10 to 65. Causes problems
ALL on an 81 X 76 CM dish.
Just checked them.

Who has the right tranponder info for Montana pbs on 125??

I trust the info here.But people make mistakes.
Here montana pbs is 12103V4340
Else where it's 12106V2398
So,if a person doesn't have the correct info,that person will "never" get the transponder they are looking for.
I also noticed some numbers off as little as 1 or 2 which I'm assuming doesn't make a big deal ( or do they)
like sr number 30000 and 30001,transponders 12140 or 12138

Hmmm.............
Your up

How far off the numbers can be depends on your receiver. Generally, the higher the symbol rate, the less precise you have to be with the frequency.

Montana PBS shows up as symbol rate 2398 for me, in the vicinity of 12105 MHz.

frequencies can be off by up to 3 with no issues. The better the LNB the more precise it will be

As for the info on thelist we have to apologize for that. Qwert1515 handles the KU Band side and he hasnt been on lately. SO that's why the best thing is to ask if you see something dramatically different transponder wise

I have a 1.2m Channel Master dish on 125w. Everything comes in excellent except Montana. The signal is good with quality in the 70's, but it always plays a second, glitches, starts & stops, etc. When they first changed to DVB-S2, it would make my CS-8000 lock up & re-boot every time I hit that transponder. It doesn't do that anymore, but it's still unwatchable. Something is not right with that signal.

It does the same thing on my Openbox S9, and I thought it was another Openbox glitch. Must be something non-standard about the stream there.

Well this is good to know. We just got a new Open Box - couldn't get Montana at all before -now we still can't get it - but it is more obvious.
Having problems getting LPB as well. :(

There's another thread on LPB. Something is going on there -- it was almost as weak as Montana last night, but yesterday morning it was the strongest signal I've EVER seen anywhere.

It does the same thing on my Openbox S9, and I thought it was another Openbox glitch. Must be something non-standard about the stream there.

My AZBox can do the same thing, no matter what the quality level (which is usually in the 70's to high 80's). SQ will jump between, say 80 and zero, and, of course, will pixelate, freeze, etc. Other times it may be fine (more often that not, it doesn't work). What is really strange, is if I then re-scan the transponder, it will sometimes correct it. Did that just now, it had a SQ of 70, was doing the 0-70 dance, went in, re-scanned, and now it is stable. Sometimes, I also change the parameters (for example, change the FEC to auto, or from S2/8PSK to S2/QPSK) re-scan, then change the parameters back, and re-scan again. Whatever, it usually corrects it, but doesn't last long, even though I save the channel data to USB and re-load it when it screws up again. Most frustrating!!!

Ok-Here is an update On the pbs hd on 125 the polarity should be H,not V
I found this problem twice yesterday,setting up a dish.I figured something else was wrong beside my install,so I flipped the polarity and the signal came in.
I get info from other sources as indicated,so I guess nobody is perfect,but here is about the closest I've came for good info.

Ok-wait.Just went to the list and it doesn't even show the transponder I was talking about.So,here it is--Like I said,I get info from all over.
12140 H 30000 get 1 channel-Not sure what it even is.Thought it was pbs,LOL

Sounds like your Lnb is needs a 90 deg twist. 12140 is Vertical. So is 12180, 12112, and 12106.

Yep and they are the easy ones to get;)

IMO the easiest ones are the mux at 12180V. I blind scanned the other day with an S10 and it only logged 1 ch on 12140V.I also noticed LPBS being so strong lately and even with an 80 cm motorised (Stab 90, USALS) the same S10 blind scanned all PBS available including the feeds (to my surprise, I was not expecting LPBS at all). For actual exact numbers go to their local PBS websites , they list that info there. I think it is all about teaking the dish and make it track perfectly and also the caracteristics of the LNB plays a big role on some of us getting those at 1 or 2 mhz or MS/s off. I hardly ever tweak the numbers to lock a signal , I simply go out and try tweaking the dish.

Montana is currently on the fringe of viewability for me, in a clear blue sky. All other transponders are the same strength as usual.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts