Montana PBS signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Did somebody donate a new 12 volt battery for the Montana PBS transmitter?

Today I went to AMC3 and the quality on Montana PBS is 77-79 on the Coolsat 5000
82 is max and its normally at 69-70

all other signals are the same

Anybody else see a jump in Montana PBS signal??

addition: checked Pansat 1500 and its at 80-82 (on a legit 0-99 scale). Other PBS (12180 V) is at 50

Yes its true, seem to have kicked up the power somehow, hitting 50 on my Ultra, never saw more than 40 on the q scale before. Looks and sounds great.

Haven't checked lately but that would be a good thing.........is there a shuttle mission going on at the moment? Perhaps the satellite got nudged a bit. :)

Update: Mine went the other way.......I'm getting 11-14% and needless to say, no picture. I'm getting all the other PBSs and Create etc. with 50-65% quality on most with the Pansat 3500 and a 30" dish. Although the trees in the backyard are starting to bud.

Last edited:
TurboSat

I can get all the PBS channels with my new ultra also but not the audio. Do I need to get a sound system that will decode the optical signal?

Thanks Concord

Thats a great find I have a headset on its way.

New to FTA here and its been fun.

Offtrack do you have the 1.22 software for your ultra? I think the newer ones are shipping with it now. You'll need it to decode the AC-3 sound, and I don't think its on the viewsat website YET. Pm me and I can locate it for you, another member here uploaded a copy of his firmware.

Turbosat

I checked and it has Ver 1.22 I had to take the dish back down for now as I found that some bushes were taking out many channels on each bird. It was an old Cband dish post and location but some bushes were put in after the fact. I would not be popular cutting them down at this point.

I could not find G27 and the Ultra seems to not have it in the list, but that could be just me not finding it, I am new to this but have owned and installed the big dishes a few times in the past. So Its back to the drawing board for my dish location. Think its going up on the edge of the roof then I should never worry about blockage as I have all sorts of room and no one near my place. just will worry about the wind loading some.
My directv dish works fine at that spot but its just looking at 3 birds and higher power.

Sorry to get off thread a bit. I will let you know when I get the head phones and I hope by then the FTA is back up.

Thanks all for the tips here and help.

Iceberg

Thanks for that list, big help. Now I have a feel for FTA setting it up on the roof will go smooth (I Hope). Anyone setting up a first time should test it all on the ground before going up with it I think.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)