Monthly customer phone call restrictions.

ArpeggioShredder

Original poster
Mar 1, 2014
Seventh Layer Of Hell
I travel for a living and made a call to change my service address to reflect my current location so I could pick up locals for that area. They made the change and then told me my account was flagged for discussion. It boils down to only one non technical phone call a month or risk cancellation of service. Apparently they are overworked or whatever. She made it clear they didn't care about their mobile customers situations and in an attempt to appease me offered a one time offer of a 30% discount off my core package for the next 5 years. Anyone know about this?

I change my locals on a regular basis without problem. If I thought they would offer me 30% off for 5 years, I'd call them every 30 minutes. Are you just jerking our chain?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Jerk your chain? Sure, why not? That's all I have time for. Typing up bs just to appease a dimwit buckethead like yourself. It happened and I was interested if anyone had heard of this without a lesson on how you would take the money and run. I don't care about that. Nor do I care about how many times you have changed locals. So piss off if you don't have an intelligent answer.

Reactions: NR2D
30% off for five years is beyond the realm of reality. Perhaps the rep was snide. Perhaps the rep was already planning on another job.

But I have heard of limiting calls for changes. Sad, but cost cuttingly true.

back in the old dbs forums days a board moderator made changes too often and dish suspecting he was a pirate, shut his account down permanetely.

i managed to get it reactivated by a insider contact. i was a dealer at the time and lost my commision permanetely on the extra receiver i sold him

no he wasnt a pirate

Jerk your chain? Sure, why not? That's all I have time for. Typing up bs just to appease a dimwit buckethead like yourself. It happened and I was interested if anyone had heard of this without a lesson on how you would take the money and run. I don't care about that. Nor do I care about how many times you have changed locals. So piss off if you don't have an intelligent answer.
Who pissed in your Wheaties? He was just making a joke.

Be nice. Either the CSR was full of it or you are. I was simply using the process of elimination. Oh, and I'll hang around as long as I care to, intelligent answer or not.

Two reasons the OP is suspect to me;
1. DISH is known for not only allowing but encouraging RVer's etc to call when they need to change their location. If you are telling them you are in a different house location each time that you happen to be living in, that could be very suspect after a few times.

2. Five years of 30% off a core package? Interested in a bridge I own in Brooklyn?
In addition, if even a part of the OP is true, there is much more to the story.
In fact, now thinking about it, I would say I have seen more posts (as few as they have been) about limiting technical calls after awhile not just making changes. But I'm sure that can be pushed too far too.
All that makes it hard to believe as presented, not that the poster is making it all up or it is a complete lie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)