Monthly "good news" Calls resume, UGH!

Just curious, what do you have against paperless bills? I find them more convenient and more secure. And if I really need a paper copy I can print them at work, on my employer's dime. ;)

...which means your employer may now have access to your personal information as well. :(

Regardless, I'm all for paperless billing, but my wife still reconciles all the bills, and the checkbook, the old-fashioned way. Yep, and she even pulls-out her trusty adding machine to boot. That's the system she feels comfortable using, and it doesn't do any good trying to convince her otherwise. Seriously, when she points out that she's has never paid a bill late, never paid one cent of credit card interest, and has a 800+ credit score over the past 27-years...what do you say to convince them to enroll all their accounts in paperless billing? In my case, paperless billing offers us nothing but heartache (my wife said so) so I just keep my mouth shut and let her do what she wants to do. Heck, I still know people who make the monthly rounds to pay all the utility bills each month. Yep, I think it's a waste of time and gas...but they include it with their errands and often work lunch into the schedule.

Again, I'm all for paperless billing...but if someone wants a hard copy of their bill each month, they should have it. I guess that I should redirect the question and ask what do you have against paper bills? Just because you find them more convenient and more secure, does not means others feels that way.

I don't "auto pay"..I go online every month and click the button . I still get the paper bill and they have not tried to stop it

...which means your employer may now have access to your personal information as well. :(

Regardless, I'm all for paperless billing, but my wife still reconciles all the bills, and the checkbook, the old-fashioned way. Yep, and she even pulls-out her trusty adding machine to boot. That's the system she feels comfortable using, and it doesn't do any good trying to convince her otherwise. Seriously, when she points out that she's has never paid a bill late, never paid one cent of credit card interest, and has a 800+ credit score over the past 27-years...what do you say to convince them to enroll all their accounts in paperless billing? In my case, paperless billing offers us nothing but heartache (my wife said so) so I just keep my mouth shut and let her do what she wants to do. Heck, I still know people who make the monthly rounds to pay all the utility bills each month. Yep, I think it's a waste of time and gas...but they include it with their errands and often work lunch into the schedule.

Again, I'm all for paperless billing...but if someone wants a hard copy of their bill each month, they should have it. I guess that I should redirect the question and ask what do you have against paper bills? Just because you find them more convenient and more secure, does not means others feels that way.
I'm not against paper bills. No need to read into my words something that isn't there. I was just trying to be helpful in offering up my opinion and experience and possibly learn from others what theirs is. The OP was mum on the reasons and I dropped it until others started chiming in.

I have to agree...not a single late bill, not a penny of CC interest and a 800+ credit rating is nice. We both have shown it can be done, paper or paperless. :)

I will never agree to paperless billing or auto-pay. NEVER.

Once you allow someone, specifically a corporation, the power to remove money from your bank account without you having to be a part of the process, you have ceded financial power over to them and they can do anything they want to you.
Once someone (machine or semi-human) decides to milk you, you're sc**wed. They can take any amount of money from your bank account they want and bankrupt you if they please. They can cause a cascade of overdrafts that can ruin you.
They can and usually do hit you in the middle of the night on weekends or holidays so that you have to wait days before you can get to the bank to abate the damage and then it can take weeks or months to fix it.

AT&T tried that with me and so did Entergy (electric).. There are other instances as well from other institutions. Besides, banks are the vermin of the universe and they will bleed you to death. Credit unions are slightly less evil but you still have to deal with Visa/Mastercard/etc. and they are in bed with the evil Banksters.

Nope. I'll just keep my money under my mattress and pay things MY WAY.

And once someone (an actual real human, not machine or semi-human, not to be confused with sub-human, which is what the "person" was) has tried (and lucky for me, failed) to steal my identity by stealing bills and statements from my mailbox, I have since gone paperless. Email and text reminders and alerts allow me to keep track of any and all payment/charge activity as they happen. There are perils everywhere and it's up to each of us to determine what they are most comfortable with.

Tony,

Thanks. But it was fixed once, then it was unfixed, then fixed again and now unfixed again. I know it's a glitch. But it's not a new glitch. It's at least three years old and it still hasn't been fixed. To me that means that the glitch is not something Dish sees as a problem. I do.

I sent you a PM

Unless they want to discount my bill, I want the paper statements sent out.
That's my thought too. They really, really want people to go paperless because it's "green" and saves money, etc, etc. Who does it save money ? The companies, not the consumer. Give customers a discount, any token amount -- who cares !! -- to show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)