More Dish Anywhere (Hopper 3?) Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Since upgrading from a ViP622 to a Hopper 3 the Dish Anywhere program guides in the web interface (Firefox on a Mac) and iOS 10 (on 2 iPhones) have issues.

1 - The Dish Anywhere Guide no longer shows which programs are scheduled to be recorded. i.e. the red *REC. This is true on both the Dish Anywhere iOS app and Dish Anywhere via Firefox on the Mac.

2 - The Dish Anywhere Guide on the iPhone ignores the switch to turn off duplicate SD channels.

3 - The Dish Anywhere Guide on the iPhone does not remember changes to Favorites for more than a few minutes. The Guide spontaneously reverts to some odd list of favorites that includes both HD and SD for some of the channels but not all.

Is there fix for these any of these glitches?

And then a miracle happened….

This AM I opened Dish Anywhere on our iPad mini (iOS 9.5 and an older version of DA). It detected a Hopper 3 on our network and asked me if I wanted to login or pair on screen. I chose to pair on screen. Once paired, I noticed that the favorites in the iPad’s Guide looked suspiciously like the odd Favorites that the two iPhones had spontaneous reverted to. I changed the favorites removing the SD version of the channels with duplicates. They seemed to stick. And the Guide listing on the iPad included the little [REC] icon for the programs to be recorded. Just like it was supposed too.

Now here is the spooky part… when I unlocked each of the two iPhones both Guides now showed only the Favorites that I had set on the iPad AND they included the [REC] icons :)

So the issues with Dish Anywhere on the two iPhones are “fixed”. But I really don’t know how they got fixed.

BTW the Guide in the web version of Dish Anywhere is still missing the [REC] icons :(

In experimenting with the Dish Anywhere Guides I discovered what most of you probably already knew…. Dish Anywhere Favorites are synced across all of the devices that you use with Dish Anywhere with the same Dish account log in. So there must be a copy of the current Favorites that is stored online.

I logged into Dish Anywhere on my Mac (Firefox) and 3 iPhones at the same time. When I deleted or added a Favorite on any of them, the change would appear on the others within a minute or so. The process of syncing the Guide after a change, refreshed the guide list as if it was just being downloaded. After the sync the screen would be at the top of my favorites list. Note: the changes the Dish Anywhere Guide did NOT appear on the Hopper 3. And changes to my Favorite list on the Hooper 3 did not appear on the Dish Anywhere devices.

I think Issue 3 that I described above may be due to a glitch in the Favorite syncing process that caused the Favorites to spontaneously revert to some previously saved version until I had opened Dish Anywhere on the iPad. But that is just a WAG.