More DishAnywhere issues

bigcarr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Idaho
The guide on the dishanywhere site is not showing all of my channels. It is missing a bunch of HD channels and the channel order is messed up as well. I have tried on 3 different computers and used Chrome and IE, all have the same issue. Here are some screen shots of what I see.

guide2.PNG

If I scroll down to the bottom of the guide my local HD channels look like this:

guide1.PNG

I have rebooted the hopper. Also, if I log into my non sling loaded hopper, the guide on that is fine.

Thanks

This is a known issue with Dish Anywhere right now. The techs are asking for more feedback on the issue. I will return your PM for the information I need to add to the feedback form .

I would also like to stream OTA sub-channels that don't have program data/guide. It seems the only way to stream them would be to pre-record the channel using manual timer.

The sling adapter doesn't recognise the OTA tuner so you are correct; the only way currently to stream that programming would be to set up a manual timer.

I saw this yesterday too. Was the first time I noticed it, but GAC was missing. Looks to still be a problem today.

Dish needs to get their act together with this crap. Never had any issues with my legacy SlingBox.

Anyone from DIRT, is there an update from Dish on this issue? I am still seeing the same guide results.

I found a workaround. Once your Hopper goes Green in the top right of Dish AnyWhere select the guide. You can tell pretty easy if you're not getting all the channels by the thickness of the scroll bar to the right.

Keep hitting the refresh button (not on the browser but on the AnyWhere app itself (top right). It may take 2-3 refreshes but then magically you'll see all your channels. Then sometimes they go away if you switch to something like DVR, etc. But once back in the guide just hit the refresh a couple time (the one with the 2 arrows going in a circle) and one of those times you'll get all you guide info.

The app is all effed up. My receivers won't come online and I can't view my DVR. Yet I can still watch live TV. While watching live TV, I'm still unable to pull up the DVR.

Sent from my iPad

The app is all effed up. My receivers won't come online and I can't view my DVR. Yet I can still watch live TV. While watching live TV, I'm still unable to pull up the DVR.

Sent from my iPad
That was happening to me tonight as well, I hope they get this fixed soon!

Bookworm, I tried your workaround earlier and it did not work for me. Every time I hit the refresh, a different scrambled list would show up still missing a lot of channels

For me it works on either Firefox or Safari. If you have IE, can you install FF or Safari (both will work on a MAC or PC) and see if my workaround work with those? Funny, as soon as the hopper goes green, I can do the round robin refresh (a few times) and it will give me all the channels.

What I do miss, is the feature that allowed me to switch the channel on the Main TV from the screen instead of watching it on my PC. I used to just surf on the older sling site, find something I wanted to watch and then when I clicked it it gave me the option of watching online or watch on TV.

1 step forward, 2 steps back!

Today I tried an experiment with the OTA usb module. I unplugged the module from my hopper/w sling and rebooted, now all my channels show up in the right order with no missing HD channels. I will try later to plug the OTA module back in.

I re-installed the OTA module and rebooted. Dishanywhere is still good, it now shows all my OTA channels and HD locals.

Sent from my iPad

I've been having this problem with Sling on our 722's all week. My dad is in Las Vegas and they can get Live tv but it keeps saying the dvr is offline when they try to watch ant recorded shows. Once yesterday he was able to get the receiver to reboot thru the app and access the recordings, today I finally just went over and rebooted their receiver and he was able to access it with Sling again.

Then my 722 did the same thing this evening while I was waiting to pick up kids from baseball practice.

Sent from my iPad

+1 (although I have a 722k + Sling Adapter this is the only thread I could find where others had this issue). Fortunately I didn't empty the trash after syncing my iOS device with iTunes and was able to fish the .ipa file for the old app out and reinstall it on my device. Now I can once again reliably connect to my DVR and pull up my recorded events. My OCD just has to deal with the red update badge that will be stuck on the side of the App Store icon until they come up with a new version of the app that works.

Last edited:
I think the Web team may have made some changes to the AnyWhere site. Now, I get a nice spinning wheel when it's looking for my receivers(s) and once it finds them I get all my subscribed channels all the time now instead of having to hit reload. Nice.

Now, please add back the feature that allows you to select (Watch on TV) from the web interface! PLEASE!
Seeing the channel on the guide and then having to find, pickup and enter the numbers on the remote is a PITA. Before I could just select the show on the guide and it would say: Watch on TV, Watch on Web.

I hope that one day, copyright and/or retransmission agreements will allow Dish to just check to see if you are subscribed and then feed you a 'master' feed of the channel from the Network Operations Center. Then, upload is eliminated and point of origin is a data center.

It would be much more reliable.

Why am I not able to see my Hopper Rentals Folder on DishAnywhere.com? That is a hassle for anyone who does VOD with the Hopper.

It is most likely because on demand events are not actually saved into the user partition of the receiver hard drive but instead are saved in a different location. PTAT, My Recordings, Timers and Daily Schedule are all folders built into the user portion of the hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts