More guide provider change information needed.....

ChairBound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Spotsylvania, VA
I see from some comments in other threads that there has been some kind of change to the guide. I have searched the forums, but I do not see the information I am looking for. Can someone please explain to me what has happened to the guide in recent months.....the guide that used to be very good and now provides generic descriptions for many shows despite having plenty of update opportunities. Also, is there a way to force this thing to update more?

I see from some comments in other threads that there has been some kind of change to the guide. I have searched the forums, but I do not see the information I am looking for. Can someone please explain to me what has happened to the guide in recent months.....the guide that used to be very good and now provides generic descriptions for many shows despite having plenty of update opportunities. Also, is there a way to force this thing to update more?
iirc the info used to be provided by gracenote but is now provided by rovi

Reactions: navychop
The guide has been replaced with a far inferior facsimile that is rife with inaccuracies and bereft of pertinent information. I can only assume that this new "guide" is far cheaper for Dish than the previous guide, and is probably one more reason why Dish regularly turns a profit despite constantly losing subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)