More Local HD Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jhusted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
What is the ETA on Dish adding more local HD Channels (Grand Rapids, MI)? Forget adding more CRAP HD national channels that no one watches add more local HD channels. The ole antenna is getting old with the signal going in and out..... I had to vent a little sorry...

Thanks

I would also like to know about local HD channels. Because of mountains and such in my area, I can only pick up Fox and NBC over antenna. Is there any set schedule? Have they been rolling out HD local channels on a regular basis, like one DMA a month, or is just when they feel like adding them? I also could care less about more national HD, except SciFi channel. I want my ABC college and CBS college and pro football games in HD.

I agree here in CT! I just read a quote recently from Charlie saying the focus in '08 would be local HD channels. I think 3 more satellites are due up in '08 so we can only hope. What good is HD if you can't even watch the Super Bowl in HD?????

I would also like to know about local HD channels. Because of mountains and such in my area, I can only pick up Fox and NBC over antenna. Is there any set schedule? Have they been rolling out HD local channels on a regular basis, like one DMA a month, or is just when they feel like adding them? I also could care less about more national HD, except SciFi channel. I want my ABC college and CBS college and pro football games in HD.

You said it......

What is the ETA on Dish adding more local HD Channels (Grand Rapids, MI)? Forget adding more CRAP HD national channels that no one watches add more local HD channels. The ole antenna is getting old with the signal going in and out..... I had to vent a little sorry...

Thanks

I agree totally. Some of these channels can bite the dust to make room for many of our locals in my opinion. We want our networks in HD. I live 60 miles north of Duluth, Minnesota and off-air does not work very well, so I didn't get one.

Charlie and his team, I won't call them a management team, they don't manage, they just HOPE. Two years ago The Orlando HD's were supposed to be available. Then it was in 6 more months then it was a year. Then maybe, if a new bird is launched, if it doesn't blow up on the sea launch pad. Well folks D* already has my locals in HD and a lot more HD. I have decided to pay my DISH penalty and switch to D*. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

I think 3 more satellites are due up in '08 so we can only hope.
Echostar 11 is going into 110W and it will be replacing an existing satellite (Echostar 8) and probably add some necessary spotbeams. The Ciel 2 satellite headed for 129W will also bring spotbeams. Two satellites will be going towards their new cable network.

Does anyone know if Directv has external hard drives for their dvr? Just curious. I do not want to switch to Directv, I had directv before and the equipment is cheaper, service worse, but am curious if they started the external thing. This is now my fave feature of Dish:) On my 2nd 750gb freeagent.

Does anyone know if Directv has external hard drives for their dvr? Just curious. I do not want to switch to Directv, I had directv before and the equipment is cheaper, service worse, but am curious if they started the external thing. This is now my fave feature of Dish:) On my 2nd 750gb freeagent.

Not to be mean, but you really should ask this in the D* forums. I've read that the HR20 can accept an eSATA drive. However, you should check over there.

I can get OTA HD just fine with powered rabbit ears. I've got no strong desire to get downrezzed, overcompressed HD-lite locals.

Grand Rapids? I know it's the second largest city in Michigan. However, I think it will be awhile for y'all.

I want Smithsonian, Fox Business News and CNN HD before I get any Austin locals. That's just MHO.

You can't archive to the D* dvr per say, because when you attach the external it deactivates the internal until you unplug the external, then it resumes using the internal. So if you record it on the internal hard drive you can't move it to an external hard drive.

I'm an E* sub. I am cautious about asking for HD locals. Seems there are some markets where one of the local station is a "hold out". In my area it's channel 4 (CBS). And there are some other locals that are not provided even on DirecTV which advertises as having HD locals for Buffalo, NY.

If they provide SOME of the locals in HD or MOST of the locals in HD, but fail to provide even the MAJOR networks, then I still need an antenna. It really solves nothing for me at all unless they provide ALL stations. The OTA stuff is pretty reliable for me even at 42 miles for some of them (and 7 or 8 for others) so I am in no great hurry to see them provide a token list of HD locals. It really is an all-or-nothing kind of deal for me.

I would want my OTA even if they add my locals in HD. I like being able to record 3 network shows at the same time. For now, I will stay "moved" and get my HD locals from E* elsewhere and use my OTA antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)