Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys thanks for your feedback and THANKS for listening to SatelliteGuys Radio!

When I started SatelliteGuys Radio I aimed to have the major top 40 hits for each year of the 80's. And I am happy as we launched meeting that goal! I honestly think SatelliteGuys radio sounds better then SiriusXM's 80's on 8 channel!

After the initial roll out comes additions to SatelliteGuys Radio, and last night I added 160 new 80's songs to our 80's Playlist. You will really get to hear them in the rotations starting on Thursday. But if you look through our Requests feature you will see many of them listed there for your enjoyment!

Speaking of requests I have made some changes to the request system which will allow you to hear more of what you want!

On my show which airs Monday - Friday from 1 to 5PM ET I have added a new feature in the 4 o'clock hour with "This day in Music History" a collection of fun facts to help you get through the last hour of your work day. :) I am looking for feedback on how I am doing with my show... I am not a DJ... but I play one on the radio. :D

We are still looking for DJ's to host the 80's Wayback Time Machine. We have the following shifts open.

6 AM - 9 AM - A morning show. Looking for someone to host this show who can voice track it the night before so it contains current news and entertainment information. We are also considering making the 3 hours more interesting... by having 60's Music at 6 am, 70's Music at 7 and then back to the 80's at 8 am.

5PM EM - 7 (or 8) PM ET - The Drive Home Show - A friendly voice to help people relax on their drive home.

10PM - 3AM - Love Songs - Our MOST POPULAR show that airs on SatelliteGuys Radio! Looking for a smooth talking guy or sexy sounding girl to host. DJ must talk in a quiet smooth calming manner to introduce Love songs, tell romantic stories, even answer listener emails. This is a GREAT chance for someone to build upon an established audience and make a name for themselves in the radio world.

3AM - 6AM - Overnights - Want to learn the craft of being a DJ? This is the perfect time for you to be on the air and learn the craft, plus since its overnight there is more freedom in the songs you want to play.. Develop your craft and at the same time build a base of loyal listeners!

Remember all DJ shifts are voice tracked meaning you DJ your shift on your own time using our special software! Doing a 3 hour show takes around 15 / 20 minutes to do! And when your show airs your tracks are inserted automatically by our state of the art radio server making you sound a pro! You don't even need to be by a computer when your show airs!

If you are interested please let me know!

Also please do not forget that you can listen to SatelliteGuys ANYWHERE! Our new SatelliteGuys Radio apps are available from your favorite Mobile Device store! :)

We will continue adding new music as we can. If you know of a big 80's song we are missing let us know!

For those wondering adding music is a long process, each song is added, and then we must fill out all kinds of information about each song in our program, Artist, Artist title, release date, top chart position,Album Art, Amazon download location, Genre, give it a rating, give it a tempo, put in the BPM, scan for cue time, set intro time, set fade out time. Once this is done the song must be moved into the correct directory for that format (80's pop, 80's love, 80's Rock etc...) We must do this for each song. Once songs are added we must update the list of songs at our request site, then we must generate playlists. We normally generate 3 or 4 days playlists at one time. When the playlists are generated it selects songs randomly based on criteria that I selected so that on the air everything sounds just right, giving you the great 80's feel that you all enjoy. :)

A big thank you to Orlando for his help, this guy is an Ironman!

If you know someone who likes 80's music please ask them to give SatelliteGuys Radio a try. :)

Thanks for the kudos...really enjoying this radio 'gig'.....love it when we get requests!

Keep on listening!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I love the new music added!! It was just the stuff I was looking for. :) Great job you guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)