More than 1 HD receiver Upgrade

i_sifton

Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Frisco, TX
There appears to be a lot of confusion as to how some people have been able to upgrade more than one HD receiver. I figured we could dedicate a thread to just this issue and possibly get the admin to sticky it as I am aware of many with such questions.

As where it officially stands, Dish Network claims that you can only have 1 upgrade per 12 month period. However, there have been some successfully ordering more than one. What was their strategy.

BTW...dish...you could make this simple and just allow us to upgrade the receivers that we have without making it so complicated!!!

It depends on your standing with dish (i.e. your payment history and packages subbed to). If you are in a certain class of customers they will give you more.

I just got off the phone with Dish, I was able to upgrade both my 921 and my 942 to the new 622. Had to talk with Exec. Resolution Team, but they did it for me. They charge me the $299 each, but will give $200 rebate for each receiver when they receive them back from me. Install is 4/22. Will pay $6/mo. lease fee and now have agreement to stay with dish for 18 months.

I started out with a 510 and a leased 942. In Feb I paid the 299 to pull my 510 out of service and upgrade to a leased 622 (plus keeping the 942). I fully expected that I'd have to wait a year to then upgrade the 942 to a second 622 and anticipated paying another 299. Jumped on the revised Dish plan that allowed me to swap my leased 942 for a second 622 and STILL get the rebate. It took me one call to 1-888-825-2569. I wish I could say that it was a carefully crafted plan on my part. It was really just dumb luck.

I had no luck. I wanted to exchange a 942 and a Dish 6000. They said they talked to the Executive Resolution team on my behalf but no luck. So, I'm just going to sit back and wait.

I've never been a Directv customer but they offered me a pretty nice deal to switch. The only reason I'm not jumping on it is because of the lack of an MPEG4 DVR. I would say the VOOM channels but I hardly ever watch them.

Sooo....unless DISH comes up with something pretty compelling and more fair than their current "only one" offer, I'll probably be voting with my feet.
I only bought the 942 after the infamous tech chat where they stated they weren't going to go to mpeg4. On top of that, they refused to give me the $250 lease deal as an existing customer. Guys, I've been a DISH customer since 2000 and for the most part, I've been relatively satisfied. Now, I'm looking over the fence. I'm not looking for something for nothing - I'd swallow and take the $99 deal and the $49 deal to upgrade both receivers. I'm already eating the $699 for the 942. The 6000, well, I've gotten a lot of use out of it - don't feel so bad about the upgrade price. So, I guess if they want my $2000 bucks for the next 18 months, the ball will be in their court.

Multiple 622,s

I upgraded to a 622 in Feb. I kept my 921. I called dish today and was able to upgrade my 921 also to a 622 with the rebate program. I will have two 622 when the new one arrives
Has anyone heard any news on Portland Or HD locals?

Executive referral came through - two 622's - one for $299 no rebate and the other for $299 with the rebate. Will be getting the dpp44 switch as well along with new dish. Not bad.

I upgraded my 942 to a 622 and my 811 to a 211 on the same phone call. $299 with the $200 rebate of the 942, and $49 for the 211. I can send them back the 811 for a $25 credit or try to sell it on my own, since I do own it.

-Bill

Back in March, I did the $299 upgrade to swap a leased 522 with a Vip622. I kept my owned 942. Today I called and found out I was eligible for the $99 upgrade to swap my owned 942 with a 2nd Vip622. So I went ahead and did it. What's another 2 weeks on an existing 18 month service commitment ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)