More than 2 remotes for the dish 2 tuner DVR STBs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

parigeet1

Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Like most of you know that the DishTV 2 tuner DVR STBs come with 2 remotes. 1 is IR to be used in the same room as the STB and the 2nd one is the RF one to be used in any other room.
Is it possible to have more than 2 remote controls for a single STB.
I would like to have 1 IR and 2 RF remote to work with the same STB. Is it possible?

Like most of you know that the DishTV 2 tuner DVR STBs come with 2 remotes. 1 is IR to be used in the same room as the STB and the 2nd one is the RF one to be used in any other room.
Is it possible to have more than 2 remote controls for a single STB.
I would like to have 1 IR and 2 RF remote to work with the same STB. Is it possible?

You just need to get another UHF remote. I ordered 2 6.0 UHF #2 remotes off ebay for $12... So I have 3 remotes that can control TV2. You just have to make sure that they are set to the same UHF channel that your original UHF remote is on. I used them with my 625 and now with my 722.

JayHawk, I have the 625 also, same setup, 1 IR and 1 6.0 UHF. Just got another 6.0 UHF from ebay, and cannot get the 625 to recognize it. Both are set to ID 3. Any thoughts??

JayHawk, I have the 625 also, same setup, 1 IR and 1 6.0 UHF. Just got another 6.0 UHF from ebay, and cannot get the 625 to recognize it. Both are set to ID 3. Any thoughts??

Are you sure that the new remote is set to ID 3 and that you are watching TV2's output?

PS The 6.0 remotes are pretty cheap on ebay - I bought one batch of four 6.0 remotes - only one shipping charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)