Most inept franchise in each of the 4 major sports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
What's your opinion of the worst franchise all-time in each of the four major sports?

Here's mine:

NFL- Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals: This is a no-brainer. This sad franchise has won a mind-boggling 2 playoff games in 88 years!!! With the NFL structured to help the poor, the only explanation has to be inept management. This sorry excuse for a franchise also gets my vote for #1 overall worst franchise in sports.

NBA- Buffalo Braves/San Diego/LA Clippers- Since starting in the NBA in 1970, this franchise has a total of 7 playoff appearances. Three of those appearances came in Buffalo ( Bob McAdoo won an MVP award there) where this franchise played from 1970-78. That means ONLY 4 playoff appearances in Southern California in 30 years. Talk about the polar opposite from their roommates at the Staples Center!

MLB- Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals - Yes they had a great team (best record in MLB) when baseball was snuffed out in the middle of the 1994, and yes they have developed some great talent over the years. But one playoff appearance (and that was strike-shortened 1981 season) in 40 years of existence??!! That's a tad pathetic.

NHL- Winnipeg Jets/Phoenix Coyotes - this one wasn't as cut and dry. The Jets had great success in the WHA where they won 3 championships in 8 seasons. But since they became a member of the NHL in 1979-80.....they've been awful. Neither the Jets or Coyotes have made it past the 2nd round of the NHL playoffs, and the Coyotes have not even been in the playoffs since 2001-02.

Last edited:
What's your opionion of the worst franchise all-time in each of the four major sports?

Here's mine:

NFL- Chicago/St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals: This is a no-brainer. This sad franchise has won a mind-boggling 2 playoff games in 88 years!!! With the NFL structured to help the poor, the only explanation has to be inept management. This sorry excuse for a franchise also gets my vote for #1 overall worst franchise in sports.

What about the Lions?

Bad management, few playoff wins...

Cardinals actually were semi competitve back in teh 70's, Jim Hart era, a few playoff appearances, but ended up against the Vikings or Cowboys and that woudl end the run.

Cardinals actually were semi competitve back in teh 70's, Jim Hart era, a few playoff appearances, but ended up against the Vikings or Cowboys and that woudl end the run.

Right, I remember that, Don Coryell was their coach. But, I'm talking about the big picture, and two playoff wins in 88 years is pathetic. The Lions, under Monte Clark and Wayne Fontes, had some pretty competitve teams also.

This is a no brainer -

THE DETROIT LIONS - REBUILDING SINCE 1957!

In basketball, it would absolutely be the LA Clippers. How many top 5 picks have these guys had? They are the Detroit Lions of the NBA.

Why, you think they've been worse than the Cardinals??!!!

I don't have the time or space to enumerate the reasons WHY they are the hands down, the worst run franchise I have ever seen. Wait till the NFL season starts, I will be rerunning all the same bile I've spewed the last couple of seasons I've been here at Sat Guys, it will still be all true. No matter how much it changes (coaches, players) it somehow remains the same.

I don't have the time or space to enumerate the reasons WHY they are the hands down, the worst run franchise I have ever seen. Wait till the NFL season starts, I will be rerunning all the same bile I've spewed the last couple of seasons I've been here at Sat Guys, it will still be all true. No matter how much it changes (coaches, players) it somehow remains the same.

To quote Led Zepplin- The Song Remains the same...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)