Most of us deserve exactly what "E" is doing

Is there any Legal Help out there?

When I signed my One Year Contract it was full HD, now its HD Lite. Its almost like for some channels I was tricked.

Are there any attorneys out there or any one know of one were we could free advise? Is there any kind of Class Action we could do.

THey advertise HD, but its really HD Lite, at the least the class action could force them to put a star next to HD with a sub note saying its not really HD its down res'ed to HD lite.

We need to all get together and advertise the fact so new customers can make an informed choice.

Given that:
A) E* has already changed all VOOM channels to 1280x1080
B) Scott spoke to Charlie and was told that 1280 is here to stay.
C) Scott and two other people sat done with a high level E* exec, who explained E*'s long term HD strategy and confirmed that it is to be 1280.

How many think this is going to change on Monday's Charlie Chat?

Now I think there will be good news on MPEG4 and receiver updates. As well as on new HD channels. There just won't be good news on HD resolution.

waltinvt said:
Most of what Dish is pulling right now (and apparently will get away with) is a direct result of it's customers being a bunch of whining sheep with no backbone to fight for anything - just bitch about it.
I've been trying to tell this group for a long time that this is the kind of company "E" is (and "D" is no better). What you're seeing has been planned but certain things had to happen first; one being the fall (acquisition) of Voom, the other being "D" establishing a commitment to stay with downrezed HD.
Dish doesn't care if we're happy. Dish doesn't care if we whine, sputter and bitch to each other in these groups. As long as we continue to pay Dish "X" $$, on time, every month they will do as little as possible in return. Their priority will always be on getting more customers to do the same. What they provide in return will be just enough to insure that - no more.
Dish has established that they have no qualms about not always telling the truth. Why should they ? They've always said what they had to at the time and then did or didn't do whatever was best for Dish. Sometimes it's corresponded with what they had said, other times not.
As long as profits are up and churn is manageable and Dish stays under the same management, this will not change. You don't fight this kind of attitude with talk. You don't even fight it with walk unless you're doing it as a big enough block of customers.
To fight a company like Echostar, you have to be willing to sacrifice short term to gain long term. You have form a large group and commit to each other. Be willing to give something up for the betterment of the whole group. From what I see, none of you are willing to do that and until you are, you're never going to have a whole lot of influence with Dish or anyone else for that matter.
Now say 75% of all HD customers that monitor this and the other major discussion groups, get together and organize a "HD viewer" coalition of sorts. They submit a list of concerns to Dish with the understanding that if nothing can be worked out, "X" thousand customers immediately drop any HD related programming with Dish. Then you wait it out.
Unless you have that kind of backbone, you're always going to be at the mercy of companies like Dish and the only benefits you might receive are those caused by competition from another company. Sadly however, I personally believe the only real competition died with Voom.
So, either somebody takes the ball here and we all commit to a fight or just go back to your coach and accept whatever comes down the pike. Hey we may get lucky this time, who knows but there will always be another situation similar to this with Dish - because that's the way they are. Fortunately they're still better that "D" - at the moment.
walt,
i see you point, some issues though.
you said that 75% of the members on this site could make a difference....maybe!
half of the members on here are directv, so 30000 minus half is 15000...correct?
of directv and dish IF only 50% ON HERE have HD sets, the rest do not care you are down to 7500 subs ....correct?
only half of those are bitching, you are down to 3750 people!!
directv and dish will not care unless your voice is in the MILLIONS and it is no where near that yet!. and you wont be for at least 3 years.
right now the home media center is at best an after thought at both satcasters
the rf remote is .....almost gone, you want one, buy one.even dish is sh*t canning that idea.
and i did not deduct subs that are c-band and free to air, you are really down below 500 voices.

and 500 subs, they bleed that every day.........................

dragon002 said:
walt,
i see you point, some issues though.
you said that 75% of the members on this site could make a difference....maybe!
half of the members on here are directv, so 30000 minus half is 15000...correct?
of directv and dish IF only 50% ON HERE have HD sets, the rest do not care you are down to 7500 subs ....correct?
only half of those are bitching, you are down to 3750 people!!
directv and dish will not care unless your voice is in the MILLIONS and it is no where near that yet!. and you wont be for at least 3 years.
right now the home media center is at best an after thought at both satcasters
the rf remote is .....almost gone, you want one, buy one.even dish is sh*t canning that idea.
and i did not deduct subs that are c-band and free to air, you are really down below 500 voices.

and 500 subs, they bleed that every day.........................

As I said, "75% of ALL HD customers" "this and other discussion groups".
"D" subs are up against similar problems too. If there could somehow be a coalition formed of HD viewers from ALL venues, there'd be power in it. You could conceivably submit a letter to both "D" and "E" saying whichever of you meets of comes closest to these stipulations get's our HD business (and probably the rest of it too) for the next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts